Trader Looking for Mentor, willing to sign a deal to pay % of winnings

Discussion in 'Trading' started by _Tree_, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I would imagine that there are successful traders out there who would do this, not many but a few. I only know of one off the top of my head - his name is Craig Harris. I actually have nothing to do with him, I've talked to him 2 or 3 times, but that's it. He seems to have a pretty good, straight forward approach and is students seem to leave very happy. My understanding is that there is a lot of access you get to him, but the program is not cheap.
    I would suspect your going to have to pay something up front though, because no matter how good the teacher is, the teacher has not gaurantee on the student - are you going to be psychologially able to trade, will you follow directions, will you be honest and pay the amounts due.
    At this point with my marketing business I get literally hundreds of emails every single week from people who tell me they have the greatest product ever, that the market needs it and we will make a blood fortune if I can just give them a business in a box. Typically they offer me 50 to 80% of the business, but nothing else, and so I turn them down. My own setup is between $10,000 and $30,000 upfront and then between 15% and 50% of what I generate. Thus far it's been a pretty good deal for everyone involved, for example Tim, who ya'll know and love, has gone from making $30,000ish per month to making over $150K per month in just a few months time of working with me. Another guy generated $750,000 in sales in 4 1/2 days, where as in the past his site tended to do about $300,000 per year.
    Brandon
    PS. TraderZones, be sure to complain to the admins about this blatant spam and using ET fo my own gain.

#21     Jun 26, 2009
  2. Brandof,

TraderZones comment was refreshing to read. Although it was in my favor it shows that there are a few people people who when it comes to trading and instead of fighting reality they try to embrace it.

I don't know Traderzone but I know YOU Brandof.

After your 5500 posts, you see, you are famous on ET. Not famous for your performance or trading ability to make money, but for your internet business, your getting sick/divorce etc etc your blowing up and... your "free mentoring" from last year etc.

If you are to promote ( yet again ) your website it would not surprise me at all. I find ironic that of all the people YOU would be so noble and so nice to help the OP.

Generally people are not jerks just because, there is a reason why ET readers in the past complained about you promoting your business here.

Finally looks like we are getting to the bottom of this. What was the English way to say it....

When the student is ready the master appears !
    ( for a nominal fee :) of $9.99 or whatever is that you charge for your website/help.

#22     Jun 26, 2009
  3. Brandonf is a self-righteous jerk

There was an entire thread today from 'forex-forex" that Brandon had died. I immediately posted that one could not trust about Brandon, because he is a relentless self-promoter whose one purpose is to promote himself.

A couple months ago, it was the "Goodbye ET, from Brandonf." That lasted a month.

There is nothing honorable, honest or admirable about this dime store huckster.

I wish he DID leave. He is nauseating. Even when he is complaining above, it is about being the center of attention.

Do us a favor Brandon,

GET LOST, LIKE U PROMISED

#23     Jun 26, 2009
  4. mxjones

mxjones

Spot on.

By the way, with all the numbers Brandon throws out shouldn't he be a Quazillionaire by now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_liar

#24     Jun 26, 2009
  5. Are you sure? You may want to re-read his response...

So my thought is that he's just starting out himself. Don't get me wrong, that's fine, I wish him the best of luck. But if he's not a professional, why is he even reading (or responding) to a thread from someone asking for help from established traders? And why the harsh attitude toward a fellow rookie trader? Those were my only issues.

#25     Jun 27, 2009
  6. You are assuming a lot of stuff. Just for the records I have been trading professionaly for 3 years. I have my performance and my trades posted on my site. By professionally I mean that I have no other job income or activity or obligation. Trading is all I do, I look at a PC screen for a few hours each day so what if sometimes I come here and kill a bit of time ?

If you can judge the level of a trader based on whatever one responds or read ET it is impressive, just keep in mind that like in the market it is never what it seems.

Just like someone said before" I've known traders who went two decades without a losing year-in one case I know a trader who went 15 years without a losing week only to over trade a big position in 2000 and lose 90% of his net worth. Being disciplined in the past isn't good enough: on each and every trade you must be disciplined. Forever. Like a drunk in a program you can NEVER slip off the wagon. Easier said than done. "

So you see, having an ego is very natural and part of being human and if you assume (again) that professional traders don't have it you are wrong, they still got it, but keep it under check.

Please stop already with the "harsh attitude" how many times do you want me to apologize ?

In my opinion the fellow trader ( OP ) had an unrealistic proposition at best, I just told him so. That was it, nothing personal or harsh.

After the OP totally vanished, you criticized me since you like to play word police and YOU took it personal when this business shouldn't be personal or about making 99 new friends online. It is only about money will you ever get it ?

The OP asked if he could make money that way, I belive he won't. This is the topic, everything else is irrilevant.

And last but not least when it comes to the value of the threads there was none in yours so far. All you did was pointing out my " harsh attitude" but never ONE time in your 3 replies bothered adressing the OP question.

I predicted how our this would unfold, you are proving my point. All you do is criticize even after I apologized to you and to the OP. Next time stick to the topic like I did in my first reply. If you don't, this back and forth between you and I is adding nothing of value.

My point stays, unless the OP wakes up from his dream he is not going to get it or he will meet egomaniac mentors like Brandonf.

#26     Jun 27, 2009
  7. Sushi

Sushi

Who cares?

#27     Jun 27, 2009
  8. Yeah, actually you had a good point in your first response. This place really isn't too cool anymore.

#28     Jun 27, 2009
  9. Look, in the end is what we make of it.

I can tell you that I have a mentor and after checking his performance I paid him to mentor me. He is a trader first and he didn't even wanted to mentor me. It took six months of back and forth emails and finally we agreed on a 1 year mentorship for 15k.

This deal might totally suck for some people, but for me it made a lot of sense and I am happy he accepted me as a student. I am finally " learning to fish" instead of looking for someone/something that will give me the fish.

My mentorship might be dumb or smart, time will tell, but I assure you it is very real. Money talk bs walk.

Unless it is a family member or someone who truly cares about you no one will do somethig for nothing. Sure some good traders might " give it back", but most likely they won't give it back for free to me, or you or the OP for that matter.

The only thing left that makes some sense is a business deal where the mentor gets something and you get something. All our perceptions and expectations does not matter how good, or high or noble will hit a brick wall when it comes to money...unless they make $en$e.

The OP biz proposal does not. He wants to cut corners. It is the same MTV mentality we have nowdays for instant gratification. It might happen, but the few instances that it does it is the exception, not the rule. Unfortunately we all like to think that we could be the exception.

#29     Jun 27, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

If I may – I would like to share my perspective

With a big caveat – Guy99opl – appears you currently have an agreement you like – perfect… Please do not allow what I’m about to say negatively impact your view that relationship in any way.

So why the reluctance

I can tech you, or anyone for that matter – how to trade in 5 minutes….. BUT – There is no way I can teach you how to think and act like a trader – none…

So let’s say I agree to mentor someone - for money (which btw means I’m allowing them to get inside my head) and I show them exactly how I trade, how I view the markets, how I interpret charts, how I manage trades, my risk, my money, and my business…

Then time for them to trade, AND MORE importantly think/ act like a trader…. And they can’t do it

Now what do I do…..

They paid good money… They have an expectation….. But they don’t get it…… Nor are they willing to change to get it..

I'm left in between a rock and a hard place

You see I tried to help out another member on this forum once – he ultimately stopped trading for a while to regroup…. BUT I still consider him a friend – trading or not

So did he fail because he did not get it…

Did I fail because I could not teach him (you see just because we can trade does not a teacher it make us)

I got very lucky in that this person and I are still friends, and he was mature enough to know it ultimately lies within him to be and think like a trader… And no he didn’t pay me 1 cent

Question – How much money is my integrity, my sanity, my allowing someone else in my world – worth – to me????

Answer – There is not enough money in the world Sir…..

I really wish I could teach someone how to be and think like a trader – so they could be self sufficient, so the would not get screwed over by all the shills out there – but I can’t

All I can do is post bits and pieces and hope it gives someone an “Ah Ha” moment

Just a redneck’s perspective Sir

RN

#30     Jun 27, 2009