Trader Looking for Mentor, willing to sign a deal to pay % of winnings

Discussion in 'Trading' started by _Tree_, Jun 22, 2009.

1. If you are a profitable trader then you would have little problem getting into a group of profitable traders who do so moreso for the environment and sharing ideas rather than making overrides. You would not seek a mentor, that makes no sense.

But then, I figured you would know that already, as a profitable trader.

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. You think your response makes this place any cooler? The OP is asking to learn and at least offering to pay someone for their time. And what do you come back with? You tell him he's not worthy. Jackass.

What's your story anyway, guy990opl? Did you pop out of the womb reading the WSJ and scalping for a living? If you're so successful, why do you feel the need to insult someone asking for guidance? Why not just move on to the next thread?

Because you're a jackass. :mad:

#12     Jun 23, 2009
  3. NevouS

NevouS

I'd say yes but something smells fishy. and tax returns? What if my accounts are offshore and I rarely need to withdraw? Oh wait you just want to stoiule my company ID. :)

but seriously i think this guy is dishonest. unless he were to submit at least 10k down and if he loses it under me then thats his problem.

#13     Jun 23, 2009
  4. My story is irrilevant, and if I tell you, after your reply, you'd feel even more insulted. I had no intention to insult anyone. Did you take a moment and read what the OP is asking for ?

I tried to help him with a realistic answer, but if you think you can do better, go ahead. So far your answer doesn't help. Next time you write forget about me, write a useful answer/tip for him.

AND by the way...I did not say HE is not worth it, I said HIS OFFER is very unclear at best and not worth it unless there is a capitalized account.

Looks like you took it personal, if that is the case I apologize. Just keep in mind that this business it is not about being nice, or being personal, it is about money. That's the only plausible reason for the OP and you and everyone else to be in the market. I am not here to make friends or compare notes with other traders. I do my own thinking and I am in the market only to make money.

There is nothing personal, but the OP offer does not make any sense. You called me jackass. Nice, that's a good way to show me that I might have insulted someone else...personally I couldn't care less... should I be offended ?

#14     Jun 23, 2009
  5. overbet

overbet

Are you and your associate also willing to do a lot of research grunt work? 4 or 5 hours a day outside of market hours gathering data, back testing and reading. What are your backgrounds? Do you have any programming skills? We are always looking for hard workers.

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. overbet

overbet

Well said

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. Story is never irrelevant, it may explain something. And after that kind of build up...I'm all ears.

Oh, you must be referring to this part:

"...it just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about."

No? Hmmm...maybe it was this?

"On a good note it is precisely because there are people like you that this industry can make a living."

But seriously, I can see your logic. My point is that it may be hard for the OP to see it when you're simultaneously insulting him.

First of all, apologize to the OP. He's the one you insulted.

Yeah, I guess I do take it personally...I'm human. I had to learn a lot of things at one point myself (so did you, so does everyone), and I try not to forget that when I read posts from other people starting out, people who seem to be making an honest effort. It irritates me when another poster insults them like you did.

I'm not reading anything from you (yet) to make me reverse that assessment.

I was speaking in the only language you seem to understand. And it's not untrue.

What I'm saying is that the way you respond doesn't give me the impression that it's all about money for you. There's plenty of ego too. You say it's all business, nothing personal, but your comments say it's very personal.

#17     Jun 24, 2009
  8. You are cutting and pasting only the things that you want from my previous comment. I said before ( and of course you did not include that part ) that I had no intention to insult anyone, not you not the OP. English is not my first language, but I hope you get it now.

My story is that once, maybe for a brief moment I was like the OP, but very very soon I learned that it does not work that way.

The OP said that it was his second attempt with this thread AND after all the answers here and my answer he wrote EXACTLY the very same thread the very same day, A THIRD ONE ! He asked the moderators not to place it under classifieds " because no one reads it." Guess what ? The moderator took it down.

Now we are left with his orphan thread. ( people have added comments, but have you seend him again ? ) We are left with a dejavu thread where you come in to play the world police.

So what does it say about the OP ? He keeps insisting on filtering reality according to his perceptions and expectations and despite the first result and the second and a third he keeps on trying cutting corners. It is bad for him, but it is good for the industry that loves people like him. That's all I wanted to say.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN doesn't matter how many times he tries. Like everyone else the OP will have to do his own work, unless he has a lot of money someone can manage and take a cut to teach him. MAYBE ! Even then he should watch out for self proclaimed financial experts. The truth is that there are no financial gurus. No one knows why the markets do anything. Even when they say they do they still don't.

My story is that I am an options seller and although this year I am flat, last year and the year before I had a VERY STRONG PERFORMANCE and that I am on my way to become a pro trader. I could put here my site, ( I am not sellign anything ) Within 1 minute you could check everything I claim as my performance and trades are posted, but then again you would tell me that is only to extend my penis, or my ego whatever so I won't. My website shows what I am trying to do and it would be a good starting point for the OP and beginners in general.

BUT the truth is that no one cares, because everyone has already an idea and a certain expectation. Market Wizard Richard Dennis said: "I always say you could publish trading rules in a newspaper and no one would follow them. The key is consistency and discipline."

Not saying I am Richard Dennis so please don't go for that road, I am saying that just like the majority of people the OP does not care about the reality of this business . It shows when after the replies on this thread he never bothered replying and went on to sing the same old song a third time .

Unless he hears what he wants, he does NOT care about replies rude or nice, real or false, he just wants what he wants and that is all. He likes to dream and he likes to hope. He is WELCOME from the industry in general and from me who just like the industry will try to sell him that hope. ( In my case specifically if he buys an option. ) That was the good note. If I offended him I apologize, but it is true, just ask around.

Now I ask you what is the value of a thread like that ? I tell you the only "value" is that after my realistic answer irritates you enough, you write another thread to insult me and we go on and on. Great. I assume the value of this threads are our insults.

On one thing you are right, I have an ego but I am learning to control it, since it is expensive to have an ego in this business and it is best when before placing a trade leaving the ego out of the door. However my reply was real, not personal, but it does not matter no one cares. Everyone wants to make a quick buck, that's it. And I am done, you can have the last word if you wish.

#18     Jun 24, 2009
  9. weitau

weitau

man, I think trading is tough, but this board is tougher....

But frankly few successful traders are going to take on a student, unless the trader is retiring and want to pass on the torch. Even fewer are going to show them their tax returns. Even less if there's less than $10m in capital to be traded.

However there are trading "schools" out there where the teachers are trading and teaching at the same time. It's not too hard to find them, but like another poster said, how much are you willing to sacrifice to reach your goal?

#19     Jun 26, 2009
  10. Your responses and tone in this thread indicate someone who is little aware of the realities of trading, mentors, newbies and trader wannabes, and how things operate.

You are responding to someone who obviously knows far more about it than you do.

#20     Jun 26, 2009