Trader lifestyle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cashmoney69, Dec 4, 2008.

1. m22au

m22au

If you go to the grocery store frequently enough, then you'll find a day when they have milk that is close to the use-by date.

It should be available at a discounted price. Alternatively you could barter with the store manager for a discount in that situation.

Bread should be heavily discounted toward the end of each day.

#31     Dec 5, 2008
  2. Go into any wealthy neighborhood-- ask the homeowners what they do for a living--- 98 out of a hundred will not say trader.

ever wonder why?

surf

#32     Dec 5, 2008
  3. Neodude

Neodude

Because the number of traders is much smaller compared to the number of doctors, business owners and blood sucking lawyers out there.

-Neo

#33     Dec 5, 2008

4. Good point, Neo.

However, e*trade, ameritrade, IB, etc are all paying for those fancy offices and marketing somehow....

surf

#34     Dec 5, 2008
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

my timex's strap broke like 6 months ago, havent used a watch since. Although I am always looking at the clock on my cell phone....:D

#35     Dec 5, 2008
    #36     Dec 5, 2008
  7. bespoke

bespoke

why would I talk about those things here when there are forums dedicated to them?

if i want to discuss pateks and ulysse nardins i'll go to timezone.com

if i want to discuss kiton or bespoke savile row suits i'll go to styleforum.net

#37     Dec 5, 2008
  8. lol

I guess you havent come and looked in my trading journal then mate... :D :p :cool:

#38     Dec 5, 2008
  9. in the garbage bin next to where you were last night.

:D

#39     Dec 5, 2008
  10. It is interesting that the image of "Traders" is far more success than the truth of not making money or little money.

At Schonfeld, less than 5% of the traders, firm wide, made Million plus. Most washed or made under 50k. I was lucky to be in the room with Rearden, who was in the 5%.

I find that my small firm, guys that hustle the Private Equity World, are making far more than 95% of the traders I knew.
    7 figuers a year can be the norm if you'r with a solid firm and learn the game. It does not happen a overnight but give your self two years in the game as a survivor, its 7 pretax easy.

#40     Dec 5, 2008