Trader Jeffs YM "Scalp" Trade Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jbales63, May 1, 2011.

1. jl1575

jl1575

Impressive. You could double your account in one week if you keep doing it in this rate tomorrow. Congratulations!

#41     May 5, 2011
  2. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Thanks, I hope to do well , markets have been great for the way I trade. Alot of strong commited breaks to add contracts. I expect that as the account grows percent on daily and Ror will change . But I plan on capturing around the same number of points dailey. As well as
    the same ratios and averages within the days activity

#42     May 5, 2011
  3. jl1575

jl1575

Imagine you are doing 20 contracts on YM or 50 on ES. Your consistency as well as your winning rate beats most of the best traders at ET, even though it is only a few days, but from your detailed transactions/blogs, it is quite clear that you have a solid winning system/strategy and your executions are very well controlled. I guess You wouldn't deviate much when you feel ready for doing 20 cars.

#43     May 5, 2011
  4. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Thank you, That is the plan. By design I want to trade this way not to use bigger objectives or more trade entrys. hopefully using more contracts to exponentially grow the account.

#44     May 5, 2011
  5. Good thread sofar! How long have you been trading in this approach in a profitable manner?

#45     May 6, 2011
  6. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Hi

Im going to try to give better recap of trading. And discussion of how I tarde over the weekend. I am a huge advocate of trade your own method and application of it. Following basic proven methods from others who share them. More on that later.

Before open I had a bias to the downside due to big move with pre RTH trading. I expected faster breaks down, even without volume. I sold on high voume, volume churn. Tried to sell second attempt to break into value area failure confirmed by high volume churn. covered on retracement . Market went sideways with falling adx . And sideways cross over I use . Sold a few more kinda against POC and more importatantly T/S and DOM activity. With the potential of a breakdown being fair . and more Dom activity "sellers hitting the bids taking out 2 o3 three prices on the way up . So I was willing to hold to value lines as they had prior adherance . I covered around low of 1st retacement. All of the above is really areas to look for volume, creating the prices I trade. A refereranc to watch. It is all valuable. I find that if I dont scan such things. I focus to much on Dom and T/S and lose referance of whats going on in bigger time frames.

[​IMG]

#46     May 6, 2011
  7. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

I have worked the futures industry for quite awhile. As a broker, on both trading floors. This methosd is a simplier verson of what I have done in the past . Real time real money with this is shortlived but current metthod about 5 mo alot of time in simulation

#47     May 6, 2011
  8. jl1575

jl1575

You did it! You doubled your account within 5 days with a minimal capital to start with. Awesome!
    You are going to extract more money the way you are doing without stress than many people trading the frantic CL.

#48     May 6, 2011
  9. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Thanks
    I dont know alot about the CL it seems like gambling to me ...Its so headline driven these days.
    But mathematically. I suspect my ror will come in line soon. But I hope to keep ratios the same and make money most days.

#49     May 6, 2011
  10. jl1575

jl1575

Hope you keep on posting your progress. It would be interesting to see how long a journey would take for you to amplify the initial $2000 to 1 million, which I believe you could eventually achieve it if you keep on doing the same way. The time frame would probably be dependent on how you scale up your contract size and keep the DD to minimal (So far your daily DD is ZERO).

#50     May 6, 2011