Trader Jeffs YM "Scalp" Trade Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jbales63, May 1, 2011.

1. Really like your control of downside risk.

thanks for sharing your journal.

#21     May 2, 2011
  2. spd

spd

One of the more interesting journals going right now..

#22     May 3, 2011
  3. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

One thing I learned is that markets don't care about a fixed monetary risk threshold. last two trades from yesterday were right sided wrong price. I think is better to manage. A right sided trade using probable prices. Rather than my arbitrary risk tolerance to the point of max allowable loss on day in this particular situation, being up on day prior to the particular trades. With the risk to reward being what it was.

#23     May 3, 2011
  4. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

After having breakfast with a friend that trades also. He posed the question why not trade the YM instead. He has had success for over a year. And thought its more condusive to my style of trading. I had looked at it before. Now with several trading days taking more risk than I care to.

This Am i made some small changes , orientated myself to DOM. And got a late start trading.
    Below are the results .

#24     May 3, 2011
  5. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

#25     May 3, 2011
  6. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

3 of 4

#26     May 3, 2011
  7. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

#27     May 3, 2011
  8. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

In a "thats interesting" way or "like an accident waiting to happen kinda way"

I guess we will see

#28     May 3, 2011
  9. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

I have looked at some journals and I see some with ROR stats etc.

I have started one to quantify this type of trading with others in dollars and rate of return,as well as risk. Intra day data is shown using ninja trader data. I used small account "I started with smaller".

My goal is to demonstrate a trading method and style that is condusive to small individual traders. And success is possible using
    more a trading methodology than red light green light trading systems.

• ror.jpg
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
    #29     May 3, 2011
  10. I like the clarity of your performance sheet. If you don't mind I'll adopt its use in my journal.

thanks,

FY

#30     May 3, 2011