Trader Jeffs YM "Scalp" Trade Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jbales63, May 1, 2011.

1. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Last of three

#11     May 2, 2011
  2. You won't make money scalping ES.

#12     May 2, 2011
  3. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Most don't, just like most don't make money trading futures of any type or method. I use the term scalping for lack of a better term. A true scalp couldn't be done on the screen. It originates from someone stepping between the bid and offer then dumping it for a tic or two in the pit.

I consider approximately 5 to 6 handles a day per contract 4 of 5 trading days as "making money". The above attachments were show today's activity on ninja trader/ Amp CQG. Its an example that I can make money this way. Everyone finds what works for them. "scalping
    " works for me"

#13     May 2, 2011
  4. Is that commission correct? $6 for a round turn? That seems a bit high, even in the volumes you are doing.
    I believe you said you use AMP, but I thought their commission rates were in the neighborhood of IBs pricing, which is about $5.

#14     May 2, 2011
  5. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

The commission is $6.00 AMP is FCM but clears for my Broker is Global Futures. With more trading and a jump to multiple contracts I'm sure it will come down.

#15     May 2, 2011
  6. Mirus is $2.25 per side if your looking for alternatives.

Looking forward to the journal

#16     May 2, 2011
  7. Sidw

Sidw

I see you added on to your short at 1265 and held for awhile til you got out with a profit. I guess you were expecting the overnight bear channel to continue?

#17     May 2, 2011
  8. Sidw

Sidw

I see you shorted at 63.25 added on at 65 and held through the pullback to make a nice profit. Was it because you believed that the market was still in a bear channel from the overnight session that you did this?

#18     May 2, 2011
  9. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

I have high lighted the area looked at 1,2,3

I didnt note prices at the moment I cant remember the 2 prices creating extended channel but yes. Additional rational is as follows

Box 1 only one bar of directional volume to push higher into channel
    overall low volume

Box 2 flat falling adx

Box 3 trade at bid,offer nuetral

T/S no real size to signal any real positions being taken in that range and time

DOM possibility of many sellers getting in on the way up

Risk to reward in my estimation was worth looking for cross over to hook and return on low volume and no real volume lifting offer

#19     May 2, 2011
  10. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

I shoud have added this was all being done against R1 for the day good chance of sellers stepping in to defend 1367.25

#20     May 2, 2011