Trader IQ Test: Pattern Recognition

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jinxu, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Where is the screen cap of the scoring?

#21     Dec 28, 2010
  2. I quit after question 14, result was 83. Not sure what that means.

#22     Jan 9, 2011
    #23     Jan 9, 2011
  4. jinxu

jinxu

LOL.

You traders are paranoid. It seems that "i" you're referring to appears in all the test results. Go ahead and take the test again and answer all the questions with the same letter and see for yourself.

#24     Jan 9, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

heypa

New Post 01-09-11 12:54 PM

I took the damn test. lotsa guessing. had no idea what they were looking for much of the time. Got a score of 124 but think I would have done much better if I were younger. I'm 84. I did rush through much of it since they said it was time sensitive.
    How the hell does this relate to trading? Or correlate for that matter?

Edit/Delete • Quote • Complain

New Post 01-09-11 01:02 PM

your response is very motivational. it is now made obvious that trading keeps the mind young and agile.
    any tips for keeping young from the waist down?
    here is mine. a man is as young as the woman he is with.

#25     Jan 9, 2011
  6. heypa

heypa

I don't think associations really work. Been married 63 years.
    I do think that life long curiosity across many subjects is a good thing. (To paraphrase Martha.)
    A reasonable amount of exercise both physical and mental is necessary.As you implied hip thrusts are an excellent exercise.
    Know yourself ,both your strengths and weaknesses, is the most important I think.

#26     Jan 9, 2011
  7. i got 118

#27     Jan 9, 2011
  8. Wisard

Wisard

me too, the last half was so irritating i wanted to smash my mouse against the wall )

so, 110, about 5 minutes (less than 2 songs on radio)

#28     Jan 9, 2011
  9. 121 and I thought I did rather poorly as I had to guess at many of the later ones.

Dont know how anyone does this in 5 or 10 min though.

Seem like an accurate number though, who knows.

I think I've lost at least 10-15 points reading the postings here over the years.

PS I hear Jack Hershey got 146

#29     Jan 9, 2011
  10. jinxu

jinxu

You can if you've taken IQ tests before. I've been taking the test again repeatedly and the answers change each time. So if you try to use the same letter answer you used previously, it will be the wrong one. I kept getting 122 each time btw. The last time I took it, I left five questions I wasn't 100% sure blank and my result came out 118. So 5 or 4 questions will separate you from being smart and a genius.

And it looks like the test is scored based on how many questions you answers right. If you leave the test blank, your score is 65. You need to answer at least 6 right to get it higher. And it doesn't seem like the harder questions are weighted more.

#30     Jan 9, 2011