Trader IQ Test: Pattern Recognition

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jinxu, Dec 27, 2010.

1. jinxu

jinxu

Read the questions, but didn't feel like doing them. I became a trader so I would never have to do math ever again. Back in hs I taught myself calculus I and II for two months and passed the AP Calculus exam with a 5/5 score. I also scored a perfect 36 out of 36 on the math section of the ACT college entrance exam.

#11     Dec 27, 2010
  2. I got a 108 which is the lowest I've ever got on an IQ test. It said though that it calibrates itself so that the average score will be 100. This means that if you have had an IQ of 130 in the past and a bunch of people with IQs of 120 take the test, its likely you will end up with a score of 110. Also likely if a bunch of people with an 80 IQ took the test and you have an IQ of 120, your score will say 140.

Use the stanford binet tests to get your real IQ. This IQ test is a joke because of the way it calibrates itself. People with IQs under 100 generally never take another iq test, where as people with IQs above 120, take them over and over to stroke their ego, so self calibration is not a good thing on an online iq test.

#12     Dec 27, 2010
  3. played around with it a bit. It seems that giving the same answers over and over does make your score go down. So if you have 2 people with the same IQ give the exact same answers, the 2nd one will have an IQ of anywhere between 4 to 8 points lower depending on how many other people are taking the test at the same time.

#13     Dec 27, 2010
  4. jinxu

jinxu

So, do you think my real IQ score could actually be higher than 130???

#14     Dec 27, 2010
  5. If any of the above is true... then you must be missing the entire right hemisphere of your brain. Interesting.

#15     Dec 27, 2010
  6. jinxu

jinxu

Nope. According to this test, I'm about balance between my left/right brain hemisphere functioning.

[​IMG]

#16     Dec 28, 2010
  7. Man, all that brain power yet you can't make money in the markets. Life is a bitch isn't it.

#17     Dec 28, 2010
  8. jinxu

jinxu

Nope, I have a system/strategy that works great. Sim testing has been very promising. 200% annual return possible. And that's just the conservative estimate. Will be starting live trading soon.

How can life be bad if you have a system like that???

#18     Dec 28, 2010
  9. Your naivety is cute.

#19     Dec 28, 2010
  10. orl

orl

Brain power isn't a detriment to making money in the markets. The problem usually lies with the indoctrination people suffer while pursuing academic achievements.

#20     Dec 28, 2010