Trader in Toronto looking to switch company

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by xijiangyu, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Now are we talking 300k net PNL or 300k payout, which at 40-45% is quite different from 300k PNL.

#11     Feb 13, 2009
  2. As far as I know they do not yet have an office in Toronto. They've apparently been trying to open one for the past 3 years, but are running into some opposition.

#12     Feb 13, 2009
  3. Peter Beck doesnt need to rethink anything. He has successfully been pulling in millions upon millions of dollars for years with no negative days and excellently controlled risk. When you reach a critical mass, you dont have to give a shit about a guy who makes 300k leaving your firm, cause theres 1000 more trainees waiting to take his place. The risk system is great for him as he rarely has traders burn money and leave, which would obviously happen when a 'good trader' hits a slump, loses 20k and then quits.

#13     Feb 13, 2009
  4. Not really sure. At my branch, i am lucky to have the luxury of doing basically whatever i want. At a marginally profitable or break even branch, i'm not sure. I know sterling will disable an account and put it into close orders mode at whatever value is set by HO, but that number is not dynamic based on profitability. I dont know what it takes to get pounded out by head office support workers.

#14     Feb 13, 2009
  5. I wouldnt call it more liberal, i'd call it more flexible. Especially from my personal experience. I dont know how the Guandouzhoulouxingpijon branch in china would view it.

Havent been there yet, but if you were to ask me in a few months ill let you know!

#15     Feb 13, 2009
  6. ashm

ashm

Hi I am new to the trading world and been taking a course from Investools - however I want to now explore working with a Prop firm in GTA that has goog mentoring system aswell. Would you all mind sharing names of some firms besides Swift and Title

#16     Apr 1, 2009
  7. wucah

wucah

There is no other firms you will get into without experince or connectionsso don't bother. Pick one of the two and try to be your best and ask the same quesiton in a years time

#17     Apr 1, 2009
  8. Check out Gil Jo @ Next Level Trading. His blog is pretty cool, www.listentoyourchart.com

He is my coach - very good IMO

#18     Apr 1, 2009
  9. Since you don't take any of the risk(no payment) Can you trade however you want at Title or do you have to trade the way they want you to trade?

#19     Apr 14, 2009
  10. grey road

grey road

From what I can see Swift is probaly as good as it gets for someone with no education or experience. This may sound idiotic to some of you guys, but if I can even make 30-50 k a year in my first year or so I will be happy I was given the chance to prove myself and then move on or stay if it is good. I know if im making 300000 a year I will be very pleased. If I screw up I fully expect to be thrown out the door(maybe even litterally) this is not a problem to me as long as I get a chance. If I do fail, I will try again, its that simple... and I still have my own invesments/trades which I am doing quite well on.

#20     Oct 1, 2009