Trader in Toronto looking to switch company

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by xijiangyu, Jan 12, 2009.

1. xijiangyu

xijiangyu

Hi, I have being day trading for a few years. I usually trade high volume stocks on nyse and for the year of 2008, my net is a bit over 300k. Right now I am looking at switching company pretty seriously, so if you have any information, please message me.

I have questions about the following, compensation percentage, risk, fee structure(execution and ecn), trading platform.

If you leave me a phone number, I would appreciate if I can call that number after 4pm.

2. BWise

BWise

Which company are you leaving and why? If you dont mind me asking.

3. 7rader

7rader

curious in hearing your response as well.

i live in mississauga, and am looking at which other firm other than swift is available.

4. xijiangyu

xijiangyu

I am leaving swift because I believe that swift is better suited for inexperienced traders. The swift risk system and me just doesn't get alone. LOL.

To 7rader, I am not sure if people messaged me want me to forward their messages. If you post your numbers, maybe in a different thread for your own good. I am sure you will get a few offers.

5. Agree with you on that about the risk system. A week or two going sideways will kill an experienced trader's shutdown. Totally for new traders. Have had a number of issues myself with it. When you go in a slump at swift it takes 3 times as long to get out bc of risk contraction issues where you get shutdown more just trading within what used to be your normal volatility...

A 600 buck override is peanuts if you were used to several thousand a few weeks before. Better than nothing I suppose. They need to rethink risk ware for experienced traders.

6. I bet no one at swift makes over 300k.

7. if you're looking for 100% keep profits, check out cygroup

8. Maybe not anymore.

9. dealmaker

dealmaker

10. Kovacs

Kovacs

There's a miniscule number who make over 300k with less than five making seven figures. Most of them have deals with Peter Beck where the algorithmic shutdown mechanism doesn't apply to them.

As long as they don't have two losing months in a row, their shutdowns are at a fixed amount ($15,000+).

#10     Feb 13, 2009