Trader in the works

Discussion in 'Journals' started by TheTyphoon, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Well I made money on yhoo after the earnings annoucement-although i stopped out i didn't sell. Now its at $ 35.91. My revised record is 2 winners 2 losers. Slowly recovering my account, I have $ 161.30 to go for full recovery.

#51     Oct 19, 2005
  2. Sold today @ $ 35.47. Profit less commission=$ 76.00. Got $ 212.00 to recover my account. Where I'm at the market opens at 11:30 pm, I fell asleep woke up at about 1:30 am after it had tumbled-i didn't want to place a limit order beforehand, but you live and learn.

I could have sold in the high 35ish range, but those dam infomercials lulled me to sleep.

#52     Oct 20, 2005
  3. Bought Adbe again at $ 31.97. Interesting market today, very positive-all the hype about the new fed chairman. adbe closed @ $ 32.35 volume still there at around 7million.

#53     Oct 24, 2005
  4. I'm getting there! adbe @ $32.88, have not sold yet-the trend continues. I guess with all the news about companies hopping onboard with adbe, there's still alot of upward bull strength. Heavy volume @ 14mil.

Whats your take on adbe?
    Thanks

#54     Oct 26, 2005
  5. Sold adbe @ $32.36 Profit less commissions= $22.88. $189.56 left for full recovery of account.

Adbe slipped today closing at $32.25-looks like it has peaked, I didn't want to take any risks at this point-take any profit and get out-less commissions ofcourse.

stocks that im eyeing:msft,amd,nvda,sunw,symc

My contractor completed all the living area tiles today-just the bathroom left-looking good. I've spent on my renovation approx $ 33,000.00, but increased my home value about $ 50K.

#55     Oct 31, 2005
  6. Got my eye on amd,mot,msft.

#56     Nov 3, 2005
  7. hi and welcome. So you're doing renovations to the home at the same time your trying to learn the markets? My hats off to you....i couldn't do it.

A few questions: have you implemented what your min. R/R is?
    Also, with a 5K account, do you have a max amount of loss per trade strictly enforced in your plan? and how many consecutive losses in a week before you stop trading? Believe it or not 5k can go very quick....way before you give yourself a fighting change.

I started not to long ago myself.......strict money management will keep you alive in this game longer than anything else. Start slow.....if you find yourself sitting at the edge of your seat glaring at the monitor after you enter a trade...... you are buying too many shares! Cut back a little until you are relaxed .....and can continue to analyze your trade clearly. Also understand, you most likely are not able to short sell......begin to recognize when the markets tell you to stay out. If you are trading every day, then about half the time you most likely are trading against market forces. And try not to think about how much money you need to win back...do not think about money, concentrate on learning the trade....all else will follow.

Good luck fellow trader.

#57     Nov 3, 2005
  8. Thanks for the encouragment. Regarding your good questions-it has been a hard lesson learned, now i have a plan and limit any loss to my acccount-I had two back to back losses and i took a break from trading although im on a streak im still recovering the losses about $ 189.00 left.

#58     Nov 3, 2005
  9. when did you buy your place and do you think R.E.

prices are going down or have stopped going up in your town / city at the pace they had been ?

in any case .. there are ways to hedge your
    paper profits in your R.E. not perfect hedges
    but still something to think about even
    in trading a small account.

good luck

:)

#59     Nov 3, 2005
  10. SethARB,
    Real Estate has been good to me. I had purchased two condos in 2003 for $55,000.00 each (and got $8,000.00 in insurance claim one year later because of a storm that happened prior to my owining it). I'm pending a sale for one at $65,000.00 the other I will continue to rent. In 2003 RE prices were rock bottom and you could find deals everywhere, now prices are back up. That "fixer-upper"aint cheap anymore.

#60     Nov 3, 2005