"Trader in Securities"-whats my IRS NAISC code?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Htrader, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. Htrader

    Htrader Guest

    I will be filing as a "Trader in Securities" for the first time this year and as a result I can use the Schedule C to deduct expenses.

    But on Schedule C you need to enter a code describing your professional business activity. There isn't an exact description for a Trader, the best I could find was #523900 - "Other financial investment activity."

    Anyone know what number I should use? Or should I just use #999999, which is the "unclassified" option.
  2. My tax accountant puts #523900 for me.
  3. Ebo


    My accountant used #523900 on Schedule C.
    He specializes in traders, tax prep.

  4. 523900