Trader funding & training - for real?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hippietrader, Aug 1, 2009.

1. SMFTrader

SMFTrader

Why don't you come into our trading room instead of spouting off a bunch of nonsense in a chat room? We're not a scam and you can come into our trading room and speak with our traders and ask them for yourself for free.

I've been in the financial services industry for over 7 years and I promise that you will not find what we're teaching anywhere.

#11     Aug 10, 2009
  2. I would like to know what you guys teach and if there is a "teaching fee."

I have also been trading for the past eight years and I would like to know what exactly your training program offers that is not offered anywhere else. I am not trying to come off as a jerk in saying this, I genuinely would like to know.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it to the public.

#12     Aug 10, 2009
  3. For more information on the oliver velez scam and similar programs:
    http://olivervelezrefund.com/on-ifundtraders-programs/

The other question is: who is behind SMF?

#13     May 20, 2012
  4. I normally try to stay out of these types of things, and I'm not making any specific judgements about any specific firm.

And, this is from me personally, nothing to do with Bright Trading or any of it's affiliates.

That being said, "whew"

Are you kidding me? I have a vested interest in the whole trading business, world wide...and when something is so questionable, you guys have to know better.

That's all,

Don

#14     May 20, 2012
  5. sle

sle

I am sure you got that right. The options trading videos that you present truly can not be found anywhere else...

#15     May 20, 2012
  6. True words of wisdom, showing the Bright side of trading. From one of the good guys in the biz.

#16     Jun 22, 2012
  7. Many firms offer real accounts where you get a federal license to trade (series 56 or series 7) with minimum capital contributions of $1500. This means it's not a training fee. it's a real trading account and training is free. If you look through the forum, you can find plenty of $1500-$5000 deposit firms that include free training of which traders have had good experiences with.

10k is just way too much to hand someone for a training program. 10k to teach you the difference between long and short and what an ecn is? give me a break.

for this price range, you should be checking out places like national trading alliance that offer graduate certificates in prop-trading from an accredited university. Joe Schmo's training is not worth 10k, not even 1/2 of that.

#17     Jun 22, 2012
  8. Hi Evo....

You point out one of the primary reasons that I have always offered our training class as low as $750 for a lifetime (to ET'ers) - and have kept it separate from joining Bright Trading.

Sure, we'll point out the advantages of trading with us, but we are a bit more selective (especially these days) - and want solid, committed traders (the old days of just grabbing anyone are long gone, we need dedicated people).... and I understand that many many not qualify for BT, but may want to test the waters somewhere else. For the sake of their potential future business, we don't mind teaching the "world." As mentioned, even my friends at Echo send new people here.

Keeping it separate is like how "fences make for good neighbors" LOL.

All the best,

Don

#18     Jun 23, 2012
  9. timcar

timcar

This place seems to have some openings.

Great Point Capital, one of Chicago's biggest day-trading firms.

most of the desks are empty -- abandoned since the market's downturn a few years ago.

Check it out.

#19     Jun 26, 2012
  10. I agree, check these guys out.

FWIW,

Don

#20     Jun 26, 2012