Trader from the Zone

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DoubleTop, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Well, I woke up late, been sleeping in since I'm on trading vacation. I woke up and simmed this trade on crude oil just because it looked so good! Sure enough good for 25 ticks. Should have done it live! (SCW) Well, it's vacation and look what I'm doing, gosh!

I've also been playing with a Fib cluster add-on I found on the Ninja trader site. Not as accurate as my zones but a lot of times I'll see a bunch of fib lines in my zone. Yet another confirmation.

[​IMG]

#31     Dec 21, 2010
  2. Well, got up today and couldn't resist simming some trades on the CL. So here's what I did. I'm sad that I didn't watch the charts all day and get some of the $2.00 move.

Right now it seems so easy to sim. Yet I know that when it comes time to go live. There is definitely some psychological aspects from losings some off my money when i was live back in October.
    [​IMG]

#32     Dec 31, 2010
  3. Well today I just traded the CL. It was a good day. I don't have much time nowday considering I'm now a say @ home dad with a 3 month old. It's very demanding.
    I've change things around just a little bit and am now using the 5min. with a 1 min side by side. So I can look inside the bars a little bit however I'm mostly looking at the 5 min.

Doing this could cause me to overtrade as it has in the past. but my 5 min is my bread and trading chart.

I'm trying to keep the big picture in mind and just trade from my zones. However today @ 6 am PST, no zones were really there, I notice a slight down trend so I thought I would try to sell a pull back. It worked really great! I looked at my 1 min to see when price was outside the BBands and took that.
    So here's my trades today.

The cyan color is a "zone where I think it will just be choppy.
    Reason being that price is happening between a drop-base-drop and the low. On a larger scale this could also be a pullback level, but I'm not trading anymore so I guess I will see later.

#33     Jan 6, 2011
  4. Well, after visiting with one of my friends about how I post my charts on this site I've re-evaluted it and am now changing the style of my chart. I hope to post more often. I had to take care of my little girl during my normal trading hours 5-9am PST time so it's been kinda hard to trade.
    So I'm watching 6E and crude oil now. My friend got me interested in the russell. I think I really like the markets that have ticks that are worth $10 a tick. It seems to make calculated out profits/losses just a little more easy all around.

So here they are.
    6E or euro first
    [​IMG]

#34     Feb 7, 2011