Trader from the Zone

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DoubleTop, Dec 6, 2010.

1. ZF again
    [​IMG]

#11     Dec 7, 2010
  2. On the ES today, I tied something a little different unlike yesterday. Price zoomed through my top zone. So as price came back down and re entered my zone and outside the BBands. I took it short and put my stop at the highest price. It worked out very well today; THANK GOD.

On the ZF, I saw this middle zone that I marked in orange. It's cause from a rally-base-rally on the upside, however when price just boucned off the bottom of my zone for like 15 mins. I took it short for the win!

[​IMG]

#12     Dec 8, 2010
  3. ZF chart
    [​IMG]

#13     Dec 8, 2010
  4. ES and ZF where VERY good to me today! I've simmed for most of the day, but took a nice little profit on the ZF right around 9am at the suggestion of a friend.
    Zone sometimes are a little tricky that's forsure. but a great pay day none the less!

#14     Dec 9, 2010
  5. So does anyone else use price action and zones to trade with?

#15     Dec 10, 2010
  6. Onra

Onra

Hello DoubleTop!
    Can you please tell me how you draw/calculate your zones?!
    I just started myself and you're way ahead...:eek:

#16     Dec 10, 2010
  7. Here's my chart for the ES today. Missed 2 signals today. The one that I really hated missing was when price went down and touched my 1227ish level and I didn't buy there because on that bar down I had bought 1 bar to early and was waiting for price to go back up. I had a bad bounce count on the bottom of the zone and shouldn't have taken it. Bounce counts are SOOOO important.

Second trade was again at bottom of that same zone, but after seeing the hammer formed from after price had reached down and hit that 1227 level I new I was going to get a plus on this one. However I was hoping for 1 more tick before price turned around and so price caught my stop loss at +.5 pts.

It was a very small rangy day for me and price just barly hit my big extreme zones and I was just a little off today for some reason.

We all have good days and bad! Yesterday was amazing. and yet I saw price moving initially in my direction on both trades it just was a matter or price not going back to my target areas that really threw me off.

[​IMG]

I really wanted to buy the breakout at 8:50 however it wasn't in my zone. And my rules say that I don't trade outside my zones. So I didn't take that trade! I also stop at 9am PST everyday which also stopped me from taking the second bounce at the 1230ish level. Small loss day and missed a could of very small bounces off my zones which was a hard to know that it was going to do that. Does anyone else trade with these zones and did you miss the "kisses" on your zones or did you get them?

#17     Dec 10, 2010
  8. Well, zones are drawing when I see balance in price then price moves away from those places quickly. That starts a zones. Or if you see price go to an extreme then quickly leave that extreme means there's a zone there and a resistance/support level.

4 zone types
    1. bullish move up - base - bearish move down quickly.
    2. bearish move down quicky - base- bullish move up.
    3. bullish move up - base - bullish move up ( these zones usually become choppy areas later on in the day)
    4. bearish move down - base - bearish move (same as number 3)

base = equilibrium ie: doji, double bar, spinner bar. Hammers and morning stars also help identify that there was a zone there and "you missed it".
    A lot of this zone tech is just good price chart reading. Price can only bounce on a zone a max of 3 times and may break on the 3rd bounce.

Here's a website that will give you a video walk through and .pdf files to sum up everything. The teacher is Sam Seiden.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=255586

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=4019738&postcount=42

Good luck and you can also contact me on Skype if you would like; just PM me.

#18     Dec 10, 2010
  9. Onra

Onra

Thanks DoubleTop; very generous of you!

I ran into the TraderGuider system with the book "Master the Markets", which also deals with zones and levels by professional players.
    But maybe all this info you gave me, will teach me this for free...:D

Regards, Onra

#19     Dec 11, 2010
  10. #20     Dec 11, 2010