Trader commits suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Much appreciated! I already know a couple psychiatrists who approve of my message... I should try to get them to officially endorse it (although I'm certain that some of them would be far too afraid of the prohibition enforcement thugs to even consider it.)

If your psychiatrist friend rejects the Endorphin-Depression-Opiate connection, I suggest asking him if he's ever encountered a refractory* depression patient who found that only opiates/opioids could even come close to neutralizing the inner torment- despite trying over 20 different medications and supplements to no avail. Whether they've successfully connected all the dots or not, most experienced psychiatrists have indeed seen such a patient.

If your friend is open minded enough to listen, he can then check if the above described patient <i>just happened</i> to exhibit most of the common traits of Endorphin Deficiency Syndrome listed on my site. Of course, such a patient may no longer be alive, since they were probably labeled a 'drug abuser' and told that they're better off in 'clean' agony, rather than opiated contentment.

____
    *Refractory= The illness persists despite repeated treatment attempts.

#51     Jun 18, 2008
  2. Severe emotional stress can be torture and people react to different stressors in different ways. At some point a person cant take anymore and suicide becomes the path of least resistance.

We have been brain washed to believe that having more money and more possessions = more success = more happiness.

Money can make you happier than being broke because having a decent standard of living is less stressful than worrying about where your next meal is going to come from.

But money cant make you really happy, the kind of happiness you feel deep down inside..

You only need a modest standard of living to be able to really enjoy life with your family and friends.

To me making money is about making a living and/or doing something challenging at the same time, but it will never be a pursuit of happiness.

#52     Jun 18, 2008
  3. As I've mentioned before, RM, that's a fantastic collection of data you have compiled, I believe that much of what you claim is likely true, and certainly closer to truth than what big pharma and their partners in crime, the AMA (whom big pharma bribes to prescribe SSRIs; not to mention big pharma bribes researchers at University Medical Schools such as Harvard - provable fact), are falsely peddling as the treatment du jour (usless SSRIs).

#53     Jun 18, 2008
  4. Yes, it's always the former because the former is vulnerable. The market bullies target the vulnerable.

Peace be with him.

#54     Jun 18, 2008
  5. #55     Jun 18, 2008
  6. I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Not to digress too far, but I disagree that money is the barometer of happiness/social acceptance.

I have a lot of financial back up in my life, as my Dad has his own management consultancy, and I'm inheriting a bunch of money, AND I have a good education. So I don't have to worry as much as most people on earth, even 98% of folks in North America.

That said, I'm often suicidally depressed. Why? I'm short and very, very ugly. I'm 23, and never had a girlfriend, despite being socially normal. No amount of money can change what I look like, and no amount of money can buy me real love. The only way I can get sex is through prostitution.
    Also, my physical appearance limits my job prospects to, well, trader (boutique hedge fund manager, soon to be).

I'm a living example to those who are currently preoccupied with money: love is all you need!

To add: I think that giving to others can really put your own problems in perspective, while being very rewarding. The marginal utility of money doesn't mean too much to me, so why not transfer some of that to the developing world through micro finance, NGOs, etc.

#56     Jun 18, 2008

7. Bravo

#57     Jun 18, 2008
  8. jd7419

jd7419

nyxtrader,

I am very sorry for your loss.

#58     Jun 18, 2008
  9. Wu-Tang: Wow, kudos to you on the 2nd bravest forthright personal admission I've ever seen anyone post to ET. That takes balls, for real.

(Edit: I'm really not trying to hijack this thread, but since there's an obvious question that's due to follow this post, I might as well pre-emptively answer it: The bravest personal admission ever seen on ET came a couple years back, when a regular poster sincerely confessed his deep attraction to androgynous women.)

#59     Jun 18, 2008

10. please convey the sorrow of the trading community, here on ET

#60     Jun 18, 2008