Trader commits suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Jun 17, 2008.

1. A really, really good post.

#31     Jun 18, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Which is why a trader should be cautious about the amount of leverage. It's almost axiomatic..."if you play on big leverage often enough, the market will eventually destroy you".... like Niederhoffer, LTCM, and others.

#32     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Of course paradoxilly the more talented one is at picking direction-the more they abuse prudent money management.

After all what's the sense of being right, right, right and not getting rich.

In the pit I once had 35 winning days in a row. By day 30 I was distraught. “Just imagine if I'd been trading bigger!!! Instead I'm up shit!!” I don't need to tell you how many Bonds I had on and how much I lost on Day 36. I went through the profits of those 35 winning days and then some.

So often I read on ET, “I'm a winner I don't need mentoring.” IMO the better you're trading perhaps the more you need someone prodding you about position sizing.

#33     Jun 18, 2008
  4. My sincere condolences NYX.
    Since the medical professionals who are supposed to be providing depression sufferers with the tools they need to overcome their illness are still fixated on serotonin/dopamine/norepinephrine, their prescribed treatments practically ignore the key role of Endorphins. The following is a message that still needs to be spread:

Tormented by DEPRESSION, and the medicine isn't helping?

If you or anyone you care about is tormented by clinical depression and none of the medications seem to help, you need to read this:

Full text at www.ProhibitionKills.com

#34     Jun 18, 2008
  5. YoungOne

YoungOne

Very sorry to hear that nyxtrader. My condolences to you and all his friends and family. May he rest in peace.

#35     Jun 18, 2008
  6. stereo70

stereo70

My condolences as well, NYX

#36     Jun 18, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

It is not about money... it is about being "wrong".

#37     Jun 18, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

It's not only about "being wrong"... it's about being wrong SO BIG that it severely impacts you and those depending upon you.

I know of a man who, in the '01-'03, tech decline, "bet it all" on a leveraged position in the Nasdaq.

And he lost it ALL... personal wealth, job, wife, house, car, standing in the church...

All because he didn't have enough sense to use a stop... sad, really.

#38     Jun 18, 2008
  9. boy that sucks, hoipefully its a reminder to all of us to keep things in perspective

#39     Jun 18, 2008
  10. Oh boy you are so wrong on this one.

#40     Jun 18, 2008