Trader commits suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Really sorry for your loss and for the family of that guy. Will keep him in my prayers.

On a side note-cograts on your upcoming marriage.

#21     Jun 18, 2008
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

guys,its a tragedy and nothing to laugh at.

#22     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Sorry to hear about this.

Depression like that can be a bubble - you lose sight of how much pain you pass on to family and friends when trying to end your own.

For me, I believe we eventually gather again in a timeless place - so it is never really "goodbye", but instead "until next we meet". Knowing that you meet up again with everyone whose lives you've affected is always a good touchstone on how to behave.

#23     Jun 18, 2008
  4. belmondo

belmondo

I don't get it.
    you are saying "took a big hit and than killed himself"

why would someone make suicide if he earn fortune.

P.S. I'm not native English speaker so I hope i did translate correctly.
    anyway sympathies to you

#24     Jun 18, 2008
  5. My condolences to the family of this man and those who knew him. As others have said, this indeed is a terrible tragedy. Having never known anyone who took his own life, I cannot even imagine what those close to him must be feeling.

#25     Jun 18, 2008
  6. Wow, so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how you feel. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

#26     Jun 18, 2008
  7. Wow, that's tragic. My sincere condolences to his family.

Money is important but not everything. but it makes people do some crazy things....

It's tragic because life has so much more to offer.

#27     Jun 18, 2008
  8. LT701

LT701

and that's exactly the kind of bullshit that leads people into risks they cant afford

i would believe the moment of suicide occurs when people realize it WAS more than 'just money' that was lost. money can be the difference between freedom and chains

no, it isnt worth suicide, but some losses ARE very real

and unrecoverable

#28     Jun 18, 2008
  9. took a big hit means he took a big loss.

#29     Jun 18, 2008
  10. olias

olias

nyxtrader: I'm very sorry to hear the news about your friend also.

I just want to advise that you take some time off and consider seeing a counselor. You have to go through the grieving process.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

#30     Jun 18, 2008