Trader commits suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Sorry to hear about your buddy NYX. Congrats on the wedding though.

#11     Jun 17, 2008
  2. ssblack

ssblack

I 2nd this nyx. I am sorry for your loss.

#12     Jun 17, 2008
  3. Again thanks for the kind comments.

We were two peas in a pod, so to speak. We would often find ourselves debating on who the better trader was. It seems so incidental and makes me value true friends more and more; as they are hard to come by in this day and age.

#13     Jun 17, 2008
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Very true. We need to keep things in perspective.

I have a friend who has terminal cancer, and bad trading days just don't seem that bad now.

But all of his friends have known this for a while now, and it sounds like we'll even have a chance to drink beer with him one one more time.

I can't imagine how it would have been if he had suddenly passed though.

Prayers are with you NYX.

Jeff

#14     Jun 17, 2008
  5. People say money is just money, but it's tough when you see your entire account built ove the years literally getting wiped out. If it happened to anyone here, i am sure you will also be in total shock and anger. Unfortunately some never got pass this phase. That's one of the reason i will never put all my money in my trading accounts, always leave enough in a saving account to start over comfortably so to speak.

My condolences to you ny and the family :(

#15     Jun 18, 2008
  6. You know, I've been on this site for years. I've never made use of the ignore feature once. Not even for Skalpz, Coinz, Timmay Sykes or any other retards. Congrats on being the first. Sad thing is you're not even the most annoying, I guess I'm just in a mood.

#16     Jun 18, 2008
  7. traderNik would have already killed himself except he has no money to lose

#17     Jun 18, 2008
  8. Nobody should ever think that the money traders make comes freely. Often there is a heavy psychic price that takes its toll over the years. It is sad when someone chooses to end his/her own life, sadder still if it was over some bad trades.

My condolences.

#18     Jun 18, 2008
  9. bl33p

bl33p

Google: Results 1 - 100 of about 23,300 for "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem". (0.38 seconds)

It's very sad that the quiet one never gets a chance for peer advice or counceling. There's so much more to life than the little hole one is dug in.

#19     Jun 18, 2008
  10. Anyone who makes a joke about suicide in a real life thread such as this one needs to seriously seek help.

G_d forbid you or someone you care about befalls a similar fate, and if someone you love has, I'm sorry you're as jaded and cynical about life as you pretend to be.

#20     Jun 18, 2008