Trader bets more than $2 million on a surge in energy stocks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by guru, Jul 11, 2019.

1. guru

guru

2. destriero

destriero

lol so?

comagnum and MattZ like this.
  3. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Now they have another page to place 10 ads. Tomorrow part two, he liquidates.

fan27 and destriero like this.
  4. guru

guru

I guess it made the news, and some people may consider either a similar trade or learning about trading options in general.
    IMHO more useful to traders than a guy trying to scam an insurance company somewhere in China (also posted as “Wall Street News”)

5. fan27

fan27

In other news...a trader from a multi-billion dollar hedge fund made a bet with a co-worker that he could place a trade with some "lose change" in the fund and get a bozo over at CNBC to write about it. He won the bet.

6. Metamega

Metamega

Home come these articles never have a headline like “ Trader sells spreads for 2 million dollars “

7. destriero

destriero

So is the trader short the 55/75 outside strangle at long the 64C? IOW, short the 55p naked and long the 65/75 call spread?

8. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

If traders use this information to initiate positions or maintain positions it's just confirmation bias. CNBC is a marketing firm for advertising and while they have good guests, overall, they just state the status quo.

9. Turveyd

Turveyd

20years ago, watching CNBC and going the other way, was a pretty damn safe bet, definitely paid to pump stocks so big players can dump.

20years strange, went by so quickly, don't think I've changed looks wise or what I do at all interestingly, bet the next 20years won't be as kind, unless your a worm, then party time LOL

fan27 likes this.