Trader assistant wanted in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fivepercent, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Well, being that your mom's old single-wide is just up the road from L.A. in Mailbu's on-the-beach Paradise Cove Mobile Home Park, why not have fivepercent take over her trailer and space-lease payments in lieu of paying his sought-after assistant the 10 bucks an hour...

At least that would take care of the sleeping in the car downside of the job... Plus, a trailer's a much better place for an enterprising trader assistant to store his board, and hold Surf Babe parties for food...and such......and such...

Now, that's really quintessential Southern California...

Yeeaahh Baby!

#21     Mar 27, 2004
  2. mtwokay

mtwokay

Hey thetraderprofit,

Was that the Pizza Hut on the corner of Pech Rd. and Longpoint across from People's Bank? If so, I was 14 in '74 and used to eat there all the time, especially during my High School years.

Kent

#22     Mar 27, 2004
  3. Yes, I think that's right. I think it was across from People's Bank .I once dropped a 5 gallon tub of pizza sauce. It slipped out of my hands. The tub hit the ground, and on the rebound the sauce flew up and hit the ceiling and immediately landed on my head.

I went to Spring Branch Jr High and Memorial High School.

You must have gone to Spring Branch High?

#23     Mar 28, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

LOL LOL LOL

:D nitro :D

#24     Mar 28, 2004
  5. Did you guys ever eat at the broken drum in santa monica. you can't beat it.:p

#25     Mar 28, 2004
  6. mkmps

mkmps

I come to defend the $10 / hour. I believe that anything sub $100k is "a learning experience". 10 is 1600 / mo take some taxes of it and you can cover living expenses. If the guy is what he says he is, you'll be making another salary in no time riding his coattails. I know a guy here in east coast in Westport, CT who in les than 3 years built quite a fortune on some else's trade ideas.

my 2c.

#26     Mar 29, 2004
  7. California

Rent $1,100.00
    Utilities $240.00 with full cable and dsl
    Car loan $250.00
    Gas $150.00

well dont eat.....and if the car needs maintainence walk.....forget the gym and car insurance until you need to pay the registration which you cannot afford....Health and Dental well...die and eat sh** as this is all you can chew! As far as clothes, go to work naked.....haircuts, hygien and dates.....well grow your hair long, use the soap in the gas station on the corner, and meditate when you think about girls....if you smoke, drink or take drugs....well congrats your clean.

Michael B.

P.S. by the way was this an 8 hour/day job? If your lucky its under the table, and when the guy lays you off you can't get unemployment.

P.S.S. hint: at the buffets bring your gym bag. At the Kinko's copy centers you can get your regular rolls of toiet paper, in their restrooms and use their phone for local calls. At Costco there are hot dogs and a coke with all you can eat napkins for $1.50 plus tax. For extra income you might try and buy stuff at Office Max for free with rebate and then sell on Ebay...

#27     Mar 29, 2004
  8. Guys why are you going on about this thread????

This guy was never for real and just a load of garbage thread on a non existant job in the first place.

#28     Mar 29, 2004
  9. "use the soap at the gas station"

How about if you fill up your car, then take a crap at the station.

Does this qualify as a "pump and dump"?

#29     Mar 29, 2004
  10. hey traderprofit ....did you see "all you can eat napkins' ? ROFL

I was on a roll......

Michael B.

#30     Mar 29, 2004