TRADER are you using REALTICK today?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Zuizo, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Zuizo

Zuizo

before you scrap this post...

I am a pro trader since 2001 and not a piker wasting your valuable time. Yes its true I am not current on the other guy's software, I've been using Cybertrader pro all of my trading career.

I am forced to look at new platforms as cybertrader merges into schwab... schwab has very lame shorting rules, like... dark windows pre and post market, one venue option etc...

I have read the very dated reviews regarding REALTICK, which looks to have had issues in 2005-2006... no mention in 2007.

So either everyone jumped ship,or, its REALTICK is now again seamless and no one is complaining.

Could someone with current 6 month experience with REALTICK make a comment or PM me.

OR, if someone knows of a software package that CLOSELY resembles the Cybertrader pro software... please comment or drop me a PM.

Thank-you,
    -- Z

2. Zuizo

Zuizo

bump

3. gaj

gaj

realtick is MUCH better now than it was a year+ ago.

at that time, i posted on here looking for RT alternatives, as i was looking to leave.

there are some periodic outages, still more than i'd like, but it's much better than it used to be.

4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I used RealTick for 8 years and did not think I would ever want be without it until I tried Quotetracker this past spring. It took me about a week to figure out that I did not want to use RealTick even if it was free. QuoteTracker is better. I have never liked RealTick order entry platform, but I did like the RealTick charting and customization.

5. Zuizo

Zuizo

what broker are/were you using? outages... a broker or broadband thing no?

6. gaj

gaj

never used RT / townsend as a broker..

the outages were 100% RT's problem. search on my name and realtick, you can see the problems ppl experienced last year with RT.