TradeMonster ratings?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by goh63, Mar 14, 2009.

1. goh63

goh63

Has anybody tried out TradeMonster yet? Wondered how they might compare to IB or TOS.

2. akeserla

akeserla

Trademonster is a decent web only interface, the commissions are higher than TOS/IB for < 5 to 10 contracts.

They recently added papertrading etc. The UI for the client is a flash (actually flex) based client and have one of the fastest quotes for a web based client.

I have a dormant account as I currently like TOS better, but Trademonster is definitely worth considering

3. Yes, I was wondering the same myself. Why aren't they listed in ET's rating list? I would like to know if they charge for canceling orders options orders like IB. IB's fee structure is bit complicated. Plus, their customer service is notorious. I am still deciding between thinkorswim and trademonster...

4. akeserla

akeserla

Well I did have accounts in pretty much all the brokers around. Trademonster commissions work out better if you are trading more that 5 options contracts, I usually do 3 to 5ish and so I like TOS better. Also depending on the market I like to but them 1 or 2 at a time sometimes. So per contract commission is better for me.

Trademonster is decent, they are really trying hard to get customers. With regards to IB, they are really good with the price perspective but the platform availability afterhours was something I really wanted