TradeMaven/Transact Meltdown

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by 123r34, Feb 23, 2006.

1. OK. The reason why simulated are used when native is available is an open question. But there are alot of IB'ers here that seem to think IB is head and shoulders above other brokers and blindly recommend IB as "the best" choice. The fact is, in this matter of synthetic or native orders, they are no different than other futures brokers.

Where is this documented?

Hey pal,

This wasn't an IB bash at all. It was 100% on topic with the thread. The IB aspect started when one of your fellow IB evangelists blindly recommended IB, while suggesting all other brokers use "dubious technology". That is wrong. IB is no different than other futures brokers. Who was that said... "There are a couple of cases where it appears that simulated orders are being used when native ones may be available."

Similar to you, I am sick of these utterly uninformed 'IB is the best' posts.

Get over yourself and your broker.

Osorico

#31     Feb 25, 2006
  2. If you're not an IB customer and not familiar with the details of how they operate and too lazy to research it yourself, my recommendation is to get your facts straight before speaking.

Simulated orders ARE kept on IB's servers and it's all clearly spelled out on their web site.

#32     Feb 25, 2006

3. Geez, IB evangelists abound. Even in a non-IB thread! If you folks (evangelists) would learn the art of evangelism maybe IB would become an even bigger/better place to trade. Oh sorry, I forgot, it can't get any better.

Osorico

BTW: You being the IB customer and familiar with the details of how they operate, how about a link to the simulated order documentation? Too lazy to help?

#33     Feb 25, 2006
  4. i used to do business with transact. they were great but thats before they spent all their time and energy with trademaven. trademaven is a piece of crap as far as im concerned. and im speaking all the way up to top management. i left transact becasuse they promised me a api to write to but went back on their word to develop trademaven. they made their choices. now they have their api and i would never go back there the way they put me off for months. but it looks like i ended up pretty good from listening to all of you guys.
    I am presently at xxx xxx. oh i better not say then everyone will go their and they customer service will be diluted. but i can say its the best solid hi tech data etc. i can't even remember the last time they went down and a fantastic api. their front end dome is a little different to get used to but im used to it now and it rocks.
    pat

#34     Feb 25, 2006
  5. heh progers 82 - what are major problems with the trademaven front end

#35     Feb 26, 2006
  6. 1000

The problem with TM is that volume controls are not user defined.

So you are not in control in a thinly traded market or a heavily traded market, but just in a market predefined by the TM programmers, who do not know trading anyway, so why they should set any of the controls is beyond me.

#36     Feb 26, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

I never thought I'd shill for TT but I have to say out of the 4 platforms I've used since I left the CBOT floor, X-Trader is the only one worth shit. Yea it galls me to pay up for an order entry system but at 30 bucks a day it more than pays for it's self. Plus Velocity is about a dollar cheaper than most other firms on the CME and closer to two cheaper on CBOT and Eurex.

#37     Feb 26, 2006