TradeMaven/Transact Meltdown

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by 123r34, Feb 23, 2006.

1. volente_00

volente_00

get 500 ES traders only trading 2-5 contracts, all with their stop at the same area and you get a different picture.

#11     Feb 23, 2006
  2. You are not hunted personally, LOL, but the price levels most definetly. Especially when/as/if more traders place hold orders on the exchange servers.

#12     Feb 23, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

UPS back up and DSL are your best friend. As far as stops, if you use a stop limit on ECBOT they are held on the exchange even if you computer goes down. SR holds them on their servers. A little birdie told me you can get SR for a straight monthly fee of $50 with no per side charge if you want. The charts are not TM quality, but it works for me.

#13     Feb 23, 2006

4. hmmmm.

Thanks

#14     Feb 23, 2006
  5. I don't believe a word of this. Stop-limit orders are held on the CME servers unless you specifically choose to use synthetic orders held on your end. And it would be very unusual to be not able to contact TradeMaven (formally eLocal) customer service by phone to take action. Not to mention that there's a kook here on ET that consistently rants against TradeMaven and then, when he's shown up to be a liar, he creates a new user name and starts all over again.

#15     Feb 24, 2006
  6. 123r34

123r34

You are entiltiled to believe what you want. I posted my experience with Trademaven/Transact as it happened last week. One of the principles of Trademaven, Doug Zalesky, told me personally that limit orders sit at the CME and not on their software. Yet neither he or a principle in Transact, Mark Gordy, could tell me how my limit orders disappeared. The interesting thing is that Mark Gordy of Transact said relations had gotten so bad with Trademaven that they would not return his calls so he could get to the bottom of this limit order problem. When I looked up their addresses their offices are in the same building. Others in our trading room have experienced the same problem. I don't know if the problems lie with Trademaven or Transact as they both blame each other. The bottom line is that the service got so bad that these companies parted ways as of tonight but didn't have the decency to let their clients know weeks ago that there were severe problems and they should trade at their own risk. That would have been the right thing to do.

#16     Feb 24, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Sounds like a great place to keep your money at. One of my brokers directly told me back in December there would be serious problems once TM tried to bully everyone and partner up with Transact. I am thankful that I took his advice and dropped them faster than rubberbird's account equity.

#17     Feb 24, 2006
  8. i truely belive transact's problems were the result of low commissions and not being able to spend the rigtht money on infrastructure or cutomer service. when i was with them a year ago they were ok but as the flood of traders hunting lower commissions assaulted them they didn't keep upwiththe hardware. it's ironic we all want bare bone commissions but when we get bad servie we rant

#18     Feb 24, 2006
  9. Xenia

Xenia

TMG should build and run their own servers. Obviously they switched
    from PATS (RCG) to TransAct and now back to PATS (Man Financial).

#19     Feb 24, 2006
  10. Choad

Choad

#20     Feb 24, 2006