Trademaven sinks lower

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 123r34, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Get rid of Trademaven... now. I won't elaborate, there's plenty here and on other threads. Good luck and good trading to all.

#21     Mar 6, 2006
  2. I agree - get rid of TradeMaven. Right around the time of the changes they made, a 'higher up' of TM was here on ET, posting messages about how great things would be.

Doesn't look like he is around anymore... wonder why...

#22     Mar 6, 2006
  3. I know the people that created Zen Fire they are a good group. I am not pumping them and bullshiting, check it out for yourself though. I am strongly considering moving my account there from Velocity. Velocity is good, don't get me wrong.

The Zen Fire trading engine was created by Mirus Futures and Dorman Trading in Chicago. I would suggest calling Mirus Futures. Their website is mirusfutures.com. It is nice to talk to brokers that know what they are doing and don't have a flippin attitude.

I have demoed their speed versus TT data and they may be even a bit faster. It is tough to tell, we are talking milliseconds probaly. They are a small IB clearing through Dorman.

#23     Mar 6, 2006
  4. I sent you a PM.

#24     Mar 7, 2006
  5. JR told me their commissions for eCBOT ZB/ZN are far away from a 'common' $3.40 rt , all-in if you trade let's say about 500/1000 lots monthly and they initially started to offer me $6.00 rt plus fees....

#25     Mar 7, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

I actually pm'ed that guy a while back to see what his answers were to all of this chaos. I was not surprised that he never pm'ed me back. The writing was on the wall and if you had a good broker they warned you what was going to happen, I am glad for once I listened to my broker and dropped TM like a pyshco ex girlfriend before it went to crap.

#26     Mar 7, 2006
  7. Fooser has a Paltalk room with hundreds of participants,

what's the pswd? (pm me), as this is a free room, not the paid one....

#27     Mar 7, 2006
  8. I knew that comments like these would surface regarding the TradeMaven fiasco.

A number of my trading buddies wired their funds out because of the opportunity loss of not being able to participate in the markets, no matter what tantrum they were throwing...

Poor business decisions on their part...

Arrogance in thinking they "owned" their customer base....

Arrogance in thinking that their software offers such an advantage over what else is available in the marketplace.....

Incalcitrance in finding out from the network and software "glitch" issues where the actual problems occurred.....

Hint: "if other applications are still running without incident, and your(s) fails, then the mathematical probability that you're the only software suffering upset really is 100%".

Conclusion: Invest money in correcting the problems instead of causing so much disconcern with your customer base....

#28     Mar 7, 2006
  9. Biog

Biog

Anyone know the relationship with Elocaltrading and TM. I used to trade with Elocal years ago and like the management there at the time. Doug and Jeff Ganis, good guys then.

#29     Mar 7, 2006
  10. Xenia

Xenia

#30     Mar 7, 2006