Trademaven/Elocal vs PFG/Trademaven- Any views?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by arntrader, Mar 17, 2006.

1. I cannot comment on TM as I haven't much experience with the product lately but I have used eLocal as a broker and they were first class. Jeff Ganis and Doug Zalesky do a good job and look after their customers.

#11     Mar 20, 2006
  2. arntrader

arntrader

Jimmy, who do you use as your broker with Ninja Trader? and have you heard abt zeroline trader and if its any good?

#12     Mar 20, 2006
  3. Exactly what I meant!

#13     Mar 20, 2006
  4. Some years ago I was also with E-local and had no
    problems with their data-feed, don't know the
    present situation, anybody can comment on that ?

#14     Mar 20, 2006
  5. again - to make it clear to some of you guys - I have used trademaven for a long time already. I like in fact love the product. With regard to elocal - they might be really a great group of guys - the problem is trademaven hooking up with elocal using the pats datafeed. If elocal would switch datafeed off of pats - I would love to use trademaven again and would do so and like I said before about PATS - The relevant issue is the datafeed - ands using the PATS datafeed is just no way to go. I mean if they tell us that now it is improved (that means in past years, we, the public were lied to by them). All I can say about the PATS datafeed is that any real serious trader who makes money can not use them for any long duration.

#15     Mar 20, 2006
  6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

PATS datafeed with MANFinancial servers is reliable
    I've told with some guys (daytrader) that use Strategy Runner with them (I mean with MAN) and they don't have any kind of problem

- No problem in fast market condition
    - No problem of disconnection (the servers are always UP)

As regards the Pats datafeed in term of velocity, I agree....
    There is a lil lag (comparing Transact/TT/CQG) and volume is not correct

So PATS is quite good for daytrader but not for scalpers

#16     Mar 21, 2006
  7. amiindew

amiindew

According to Trademaven, PATS does not provide accurate tick data or intraday backfill and is therefore not suitable if you rely on charts and or volume studies.

For now you will have to combine PATS for order execution only with e-signal for accurate tick data and intraday backfill, paying an extra $ 30 for the esignal data feed.

#17     Mar 21, 2006
  8. Absolutely agree,I´ve had Trademaven with PATS datafeed in globalfutures...untradeable by econ.issues or by high volume Trademave anytime again,PATS NEVER again...
    I dont understand how they can be in business...

#18     Mar 21, 2006
  9. Jtrader with pats is still very good in terms of reliability. I used it for years with a simply DSL from overseas, so the RCG infrastructure is supposed to be OK. When I had problems normally it was my internet connection.

#19     Mar 22, 2006