Trademaven? Avoid At All Cost!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trendman, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Its not the TradeMaven software cause the code hasnt changed so it has to be the people they are getting their data through or the people they send their data out through since they got greedy an dwent out on their own.

ITS GONE TO CRAP. I've used it for about a year and it was steady and thats all I ask for. Last few months I lose connections multiple times a day and thats absurd. I lose connections once while in a trade and thew mkt goes against me I can lose a lot of $. So TM has went from my only execution system to my backup to being canceled at the end of this month. How do they screw up a solid product so quickly I have no idea.

#11     Feb 12, 2006
  2. Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a merger between Elocal out of Chicago and Trademaven? I wonder if there is an issue somewhere in the merger, that led to this. I used Elocal for a broker a few years ago with Esignal as my charting for about two years with very few issues. I've been using Tradestation the last few months, and so far have been satisfied with their platform, and the executions I receive.

Good Trading to You!

Kelly

#12     Feb 12, 2006
  3. I was using TM till they said move $ to us or you can't use our software. So, I said, see ya TM. I assumed that since I didn't agree to their new customer agreement and that I could not access the software that I wouldn't be rebilled.

BIG MISTAKE.

There was a TM guy posting on here, I'd love to know why they think I would want to be charged every month when I couldn't even access the software anymore??? I mean, I couldn't even log in and see a DOM.

#13     Feb 12, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

Certain brokers have better PATS feeds than others.
    In 1 year of trading YM, I can think of 2-3 times where PATS acted up. Other traders that I know who used transact feed had numerous disconnects and lags while using TM.

#14     Feb 12, 2006
  5. Richard Kontra

Richard Kontra Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

Can someone tell me about T4?

#15     Feb 13, 2006
  6. Xenia

Xenia

PFG offers TM with their own data feed as 'PFG Best Direct FAST".

www.pfgbest.com/about/press/FAST.asp

#16     Feb 15, 2006
  7. Xenia

Xenia

#17     Feb 15, 2006
  8. qtip

qtip

I would not do this. I was using Trademaven through PFG and I had all sorts of problems. The Trademaven front end never matcched the PFG webpage where you can also check your account info. and positions. I was trading only currency futures so I am not sure if it had to do with the markets...

In the end, I moved all 5 of my accounts because PFG could not resolve the issues.

And trust me, I gave them plenty of time to try.

#18     Feb 15, 2006
  9. Richard Kontra

Try X Trader at $0.69 per side.

#19     Feb 15, 2006
  10. Richard Kontra

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20     Feb 15, 2006