TradeMaven 3.0 Interface

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tbond_trader, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Maybe you are diaingl the wrong number...it's 4 years I'm of their customer and also recently I had not problems getting a prompt reply over phone. As always, it's better to know who's on charge on the dept. about the issue you are trying to fix, so have an updated contact sheet with all the phones IDs #.

#21     Jan 14, 2006
  2. ZAL

ZAL

Prompt and attentive customer service has always been a top priority for us. Please remember that my partner and I have been servicing traders since 1985. Many of those years were spent solely servicing floor traders at the CBOT and CME. Floor traders are very demanding and we met and do meet their needs. We currently serve over 60 floor traders at the CME and CBOT.

I understand the when one is trading and requires a prompt response related to a market position (cancel, amend, replace or locate status of a trade at the exchange) time is of the essence. We provide all of our clients with access to a 24 - hour execution desk. The desk is staffed by my personnel, not the personnel of an FCM. Thus I feel we are much more personal and responsive.

If you are a client I would be happy to provide you the phone number to the desk. I can guarantee you that the guys on the desk will answer within one or two rings.

I've been a member of the CBOT for 24 years. Many of those years I spent in the 30-year bond pit trading for my own account. Believe me I understand the priority of trade resolution in a timely manner.

I simply can't accept that it took 2 days to return a call from our execution desk. If you were calling our tech support or customer service desk and it tokk two days for a response then that it totally unacceptable and I would be happy to investigate the issue. Please feel free to call my office at 312.521.7300.

Regards,

Doug Zalesky
    Managing Partner, TradeMaven Group

#22     Jan 14, 2006
  3. Tbill1

Tbill1

I am a customer of E-local and have never had a problem contacting anyone. I even had a situation not long ago that really impressed me . I was in a trade at around 2:45 cst and was planning to get out at the close. I suddenly became aware that my platform was down. Just as I was about to dial the trade desk for help, the phone rang and it was a rep. from E-local calling to help me get out of the trade-which he did

Tbill

#23     Jan 14, 2006
  4. jdtrader

jdtrader

Over the years, I have used Strategy Runner, Bracket Trader, Ninjatrader , Dorman Direct, J-trader, TradeNavigator, and Trademaven.

In my opinion, Trademaven stands heads and shoulders above the rest. There is really no comparison. I have been with Trademaven now for over 3 years and I find that their new "trading off the charts" feature to be a significant leap in their already excellent software. It has also actually helped my trading.

The platform is stable, and the fills immediate. The scale out strategies work perfectly and are a great help in speedy daytrading. Their customer support is excellent and they clearly are trying to be the best at what they do.

With the recent merger of Trademaven with elocal, Trademaven (I am told ) will no longer be available through other brokers. I was admittedly upset by this, as I have been with my current broker for over 8 years. I tried to go elsewhere looking at other platforms the broker had. He recommended TradeNavigator.

Although I was only on the demo, I think I spent more time with tech support then I spent with my wife and kids this last week. My software had issues in getting me current data, issues which still have not been fully resolved. Not only that, they do not have scale out strategies at all (i.e. buy 3 and scale out of the position as profit hopefully occurs). Needless to say, I came running back to Trademaven. Although I will miss my old broker (and he will miss my commissions), business is business. So onto a new broker I guess.

I am not a paid hack for Trademaven. Just a super satisfied customer. I wish you all the best in your trading.

JDtrader

#24     Jan 14, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

Doug, is the above statement true about the amount of client equity ?

If not, can you provide a link to the most recent financial statement ?

#25     Jan 14, 2006
  6. ZAL

ZAL

Here again we find a statement by Tuff that contains no basis in fact. Let me state that the amount offered by Huff is way off and that our level of aggregate customer segragated funds is much, much higher.

The financial health of an Introducing Broker is not in the aggregate amount of segregated funds held with FCM's. The financial health of an Introducing Broker, just like any other corporate entity lies in the stength of the Income Statement and Balance Sheet (just ask Refco).

All registered Introducing Brokers are required to submit a Balance Sheet to the NFA on a monthly basis. All IB's are audited by the NFA typically once every two years. In our case we just completed an audit by the NFA. All IB's must submit audited annual financial statements to the NFA.

We provide clearing and execution services for over 60 floor traders at the CBOT and CME most of whom own memberships. In addition we clear a Fund owned by a subsidiary of TradeMaven
    Group. We clear many CTA's and institutional traders in addition to over 1500 individual electronic traders. A subsidiary of TradeMaven group owns a Proptietary Trading Firm.

We introduce business to 3 FCM's and a Foreign FCM: Transact, Fortis US, Rosenthal Collins Group and Saxo Bank.

It is not appropriate for me to reveal the level of customer segregated funds on deposit or the strength of our balance sheet as I trust you'll agree that this information is and should be confidential.

As I haven't even mentioned software fees I hope you will agree that we are a very, very healthy organization with a proven track record of success and built on a sound financial footing for the future.

Regards,

Doug Zalesky

#26     Jan 14, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Who will be the clearing the trades for TMG ?

Transact ?
    Fortis ?

#27     Jan 15, 2006
  8. ZAL

ZAL

As I stated in a previous post TMG has 4 FCM relationships. We introduce customer accounts to those FCM's based on the needs of the customer. The net result of a hub and spoke methodology permits us to offer our clients a competitive commission structure utilizing the specific skill set of a particular FCM.

1. Non-exchange member, self directed electronic only = TransAct

2. Exchange member (including ECM's at CME), institutional traders and CTA's, CPO's and large Managed Accounts = Fortis Clearing US.

3. Physical pit execution = Rosenthal Collins Group.

4. Forex execution = Saxo Bank

Best Regards,

Doug Zalesky

#28     Jan 16, 2006
  9. Truff

Truff

Cmon Doug, why don't we really tell people the truth. Your transact relationship seems to be dead. They have removed everything that has anything to do with Trademaven from their website. Is this because they still intend to clear your trades?LOL. With regards to RCG, ive used Trademaven through them and it was a major piece of shit, so good luck with that. The Trademaven platform without the transact feed is just anohter average unreliable platform. Add that with the inexperience of elocal, the crappy customer service of Trademaven, and the fact that Jeremy Short is a scumbag, your product is garbage. Just some quotes below frrom one of your competitors:

"Trademaven is ok, but the developers have misled a lot of people into thinking there was flexibility in the firms you can use to trade with it. The system definitely has more "freeze" issues than any other platform I have ever offered. It's ok though but it does not have the charting capabilities that Genesis offers. Genesis has been a data and charting company for a long time."

"I agree. Maven is not stable and SR is pretty stable. The charts serve their purpose but do not compare to most charting apps including Genesis Trade Nav."

"I agree. We nearly began promting the software and then Maven began moving everyone off of TMG onto some other firm. They have been very inconsistent with their business plan and voiced intentions with brokerages. So we said bon voyage."

"I agree with your feedback re Maven. It is an ok platform but I truly beleive Navigator is a step up if you rely on the integrated charting capabilities. I guarantee you one thing, if you called 10 brokers and asked if you should you Maven 9 or 10 of them would not recommend it."

Iv'e seeen the new Trade Navigator platform. The charts are far superior to Trademaven and the execution has at least what trademaven has and more.

#29     Jan 16, 2006
  10. ZAL

ZAL

I was hoping that we all could benefit from an ethical discourse regarding this forum.

I will not participate in the manner in which Truff advocates.

My comments to Truff:

1.Greg Sabatello, President of TransAct, would be happy to set the matter straight. Please feel free to contact him if you feel that I have been less than forthright in my posts.

2. Why don't you reveal your true identity, as I have, instead of hiding behind an anonymous acronym. Elite Trade Forum members deserve better.

3. If you continue to behave like a child I will reveal your true identity for you.

Best Regards,

Doug Zalesky

#30     Jan 16, 2006