Tradelink users? Issues?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bluelou, Jul 11, 2012.

1. because maybe the poster does not want to put in 3 months of work before finding out it does not work. Hey, am I having a deja vu or have we not discussed why asking a lot of questions, doing a lot of planning and architecting before even touching a single line of code makes a lot of sense? Must be dreaming...

#41     Aug 22, 2012
  2. tradelink works fine, we've been around since 2008 and have tens of thousands of installs.

amazing industry claims to be this bad ass developer with the most incredible proprietary trading platform ever, yet it took him 3 months to decide whether an open source piece of code worked or not???

definately feel bad he had problems, but no idea who he is, what his real beef with tradelink is, or why it took him 3 months when most users can decide whether it works in 30min.

follow any of the videos to install it, run through any one of the examples, you should be up running in minutes. if you spend more than an hour, ask for help from other users at community.tradelink.org or just don't use it. likewise, you should be able to create strategies in similiar time.... good luck and happy trading!

#42     Aug 22, 2012
  3. There you go, the true face of trade link, this is the nice, cool, relaxed guys they claim to be. Dude, if I was selling or advertising or even just wanted to garner interest in my venture I would not step on the platform as you do. Apparently I am not the only one who feels like that:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245828&perpage=6&pagenumber=5

I have nothing in particular against trade link, I have something in particular with false and wrong claims, so here goes:

* I never claimed to be a bad ass developer, in fact I am not a developer at all, I manage to run a high frequency systematic fx fund. But I do program, maybe you want to chime in here if you have anything valuable to add:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3605624#post3605624

* I never said it took me 3 months to check something out, stop putting things in others' mouth they never said. I used an arbitrary time frame (I think most can read between the lines and that I simply meant "xx amount of time"). But hey, I find it kind of hard to follow your claim of being able to test something in an hour or so, if it takes about 2-3 days to get feedback on the forum whether you have any FIX adapter. I am happy to post our exchange for EVERYONE TO SEE HERE ON ET. In the end I had to find out that your claimed development of FIX was nothing but an empty template, utterly unusable.

* "Create strategies in "similar time"..."Similar" as in 30 minutes? Wow, I just wonder why you guys still have to garner interest on ET, you should all be making millions, even just in consulting dollars with your capability to develop things that fast. Are you for hire?

#43     Aug 22, 2012
  4. j2ee

j2ee

Thanks for your sharing.
    I did check out the tradelink website and saw some videos over there.
    Very simple testing, if I want to test the best parameter with MACD + SAR, how would I do that?
    If I want to see these trade in a graph, can I do that?

I can do these in amibroker but it takes like 30 hours for amibroker just to find out 1 - 50 range of variable of MACD without SAR, would tradelink takes much shorter time?

Welcome to show me an example page then I can work on it by myself, thanks.

By the way, is it realy ok to autotrade with Interactive broker? That is my plan for later if it works out fine.

#44     Aug 23, 2012
  5. if it takes you longer with Amibroker than Tradelink then there must be something wrong in this world. I would claim it indeed takes about 30 minutes or less to set this up in Amibroker. The optimizer easily finds your optimal parameter set. I am not saying the two platforms are comparable but please do report back after the guys over at tradelink helped you and let us know how long it took you to a) set up the data feeds, b) code up or find the indicators you need, c) plugging all together, d) running an optimizer over it, and e) chart/graph the whole thing. 30 minutes that was what our Mr. Tradelink told us, right?

Gee, can we all get back to real for a second please???

#45     Aug 23, 2012
  6. j2ee

j2ee

I am talking about the time it takes to run the test.

#46     Aug 23, 2012
  7. j2ee

j2ee

I tested 22 years of a index data daily chart with 4 variables: 2 in buy MACD signal, and 2 in sell MACD signals. Every variable is 1 - 50, then 6250000 calculations.

I use it in a virtual machine, may be that is the problem why it is slow.

#47     Aug 23, 2012
  8. Hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but I've yet to get a reply to http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248022 so...

Can anyone please provide a comparison of TradeLink vs MultiCharts?

The TradeLink website, http://code.google.com/p/tradelink/...LinkComparison, compares TradeLink only against NT and TS. From http://www.multicharts.com/discussi....php?f=1&t=7705, it is said that TradeLink runs faster for tick-based strategies/backtesting, because MC is a more complex (bloated?) software with more features. I'm hoping to know what features are available in MC but not TradeLink, to better decide if it's worth the two thousand bucks.

Also, it'll be nice if MC can be added to the table in the TradeLink website, for easier comparison.

#48     Aug 23, 2012
  9. j2ee

j2ee

Is it even possible to do these two difficult tasks in Tradlink or Amibroker:

1. pattern recognition
    2. Elliott Wave

#49     Aug 24, 2012
  10. You mean you have tens of thousands of users who use tradelink in production - I really do not believe it. If you had that large user base that would be an active community of people helping each other & exchanging ideas and etc. but it does not exist.

I tried tradelink last summer and I did not like it. Everything was a battle: install did not go well, configuration was problematic, the whole thing felt half-done and unprofessional. I wish it will mature some day.

#50     Aug 25, 2012