tradeking007yahoo futures Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tradeking007yahoo, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevBru

DevBru

So if i get this correct you now pay $0.62 round turn and you had to pay $495 for the black friday deal, right?

#41     Nov 30, 2020
  2. yes that is correct on the MICROs only
    if you do not own a seat or lease one then this is probably one of the best rates you can get but if you know of one that is better let me know.

AMP from what i have seen has good prices at roughly 74 cents round turn with a DENALI DATA FEED and free sierra chart.

Lets compare to AMP. (amp might have an even cheaper route than 74 cents but I am not sure.
    There is some functionality in the tradeovate platform that i want to try and use and that is one of the reasons I am doing it this way. The servers ARE NOT COLOCATED at TRADEOVATE and they are not COLOCATED with DENALI/Sierra either and even with CQG there are a lot of order types that are or are not colocated so that is a small issue.

lets compare to AMP at 74 cents

74cents - 62 cents= .12 cents less than AMP with denali sierra chart
    $ 499 /.12= 4,148 RT lots to save money and not lose out on my SUNK COST of 499
    4148/12= 345 a month or 86 a week or 18 day.
    we have what 242 trading days plu sor minus so = 4148/240= 17.28 trades per day compared to AMP.

i will pull out a full 20 days of not trading or a month fo rmy time off sick days whatever
    242-20= 222 days 4148 lots/222=19 trades a day or 380 a month.

I have heard or i think a saw an ad at AMP where you can get it as low as 34 cents a side or 68 cents round turn so i think i have that beat.

any comments good or bad about tradeoveate any warnigns anyone doing better on fees?

#42     Nov 30, 2020
  3. I mentioned that there are lots of ways to manipulate data on charts well you can also do it on a dom. 99 % ofmy trades and anything will always be a live trade. however if i do trade demo por post something in demo then i will state in capital letters.. DEMO so everyone knows it is demo. if it does not say demo then it is a LIVE (RISK On) trade.

anyway i am long 3 micros ES and on my dom i can change the qty from 1 to 3. the dollar amounts inside of my dom change according to what i have in the qty box.
    if i put 1 then it shows my gain or loss x1 lot
    2 is 2x
    3 is 3x so
    i am posting a dom screen shot of all 3 as an example.

#43     Nov 30, 2020
  4. DevBru

DevBru

And do you actually do trade 19 contracts a day?

If not it wasn't a good deal for you.

I have no experience with Tradovate so i am unable to give you any feedback about them.
    The only thing i have noticed is that a lot of traders only look at the free commission but actually seem to miss that you have to do a lot of trades to actually benefit from it compared to a low cost broker like AMP.

The advantage that AMP has over tradovate is a lot of choice regarding platform and even some very good ones for free.

#44     Nov 30, 2020
    rb7 likes this.
  5. 19 is nothing for me to do so I usually do that before the open (this does not mean my large number of trades are making money). ALSO large is relative based on what you trade and how you trade and 19 is peanuts compared to algos that do 10k a day easy or prop firms

I use AMP also and i am not aware of any of the actual execution platforms being free? most have a per trade fee associated or a monthly. I would like to see one if you know of one on their site if you have the time.
    thanks

#45     Nov 30, 2020
  6. this was 10 days in november multiple accounts and the ones with the average wwere 1 day the same account.

THESE ARE MICRO! i traded the equivalent of a 4 lot and 12.5 lot in the MINI ES and the MINI NQ not a big deal at all.. actually very very small.

#46     Nov 30, 2020
  7. DevBru

DevBru

I actually haven't looked at all the other platforms they offer, i just use SierraChart :D.

Of course 19 contracts a day is peanuts for algos or prop firms, but they don't use Tradovate.

#47     Nov 30, 2020
  8. DevBru

DevBru

Then you indeed got a good deal from the black friday sale.

I also took a look at it but it wasn't for me, especially when i also included platform fees.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    #48     Nov 30, 2020
    tradeking007yahoo likes this.
  9. .12 x 1610 = I save 193 dollars with tradeovate vs amp that is half of my 499 roughly in 10 days. If i end up not liking the platform which i doubt then i will trade enough to even out my 499 and move on to a different one.

#49     Nov 30, 2020
  10. Amatrue

Amatrue

What's the reason why you trade the same instrument on multiple accounts? Just curious.

#50     Nov 30, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.