tradeking007yahoo futures Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tradeking007yahoo, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toby400

toby400

I am glad you were not offended and wish you well with your journal.

#31     Nov 29, 2020
    tradeking007yahoo likes this.
  2. A post from TOBY400 which was a good post however there are manipulative tactics and if you read it carefully it almost could be a MEMO from someone who has placed themselves above me in the hierarchy of my own journal. what if we PRETEND for a moment that TOBY400 is my boss my manager at a company and I am a worker bee below him who is working on a trading project at his company. AFTER i clearly state my intentions for my project about charting and annotating and what it is about for me a challenge and a place to freely stream my thoughts as well as maybe teach a few people a thing or two then i get this memo from my boss..pretend remember!
    this is an exercise in how to look at the mkt from different perspectives diffsrent angles and different context.
    I said i would show charts occassionally and this was tobys response

"Appreciated- occasional charts would be fine since I ( and many others I suspect) are better at visualising as opposed to reading a wall of text.
    And NO - I would not ( as any reasonably intelligent person would not) try to emulate a trading approach using your charts. One still has to work and practice one's own approach since trading is an individual occupation. But I appreciate your cautioning people to be careful since there are many charlatans and crooks
    ( Americans use the term, "snake oil salesmen") out there , a few reside on this site. You see them touting moving averages or combinations thereof, yet people still fall for this rubbish whereas a modicum of thought would highlight the fact that if that were so then we would all cause the exchanges to crash. My approach was to demo for a while then trade a live small account. In short - I paddle my own canoe."

occassional charts would be fine? ummm lol.. really it is okay with you? how could anything i say or do in MY JOURNAL my small space among the elite's not be OKAY with you? on what high mountain of esteeem to do you reign to tell me it would be fine with you?

Then as if your leading line was not already getting your point across you went out on a limb and tried to rally the troops and find commonality in your thoughts on the hope that others would agree with you and get me to no longer do my journal how I want but to somehow custom tailor it to fit what YOU want. this is the part where toby said.. and many others i susperct are bette at visualising as oppossed to reading a wall of text.

Apparently toby understand that most elite traders are visual and do not want to get bogged down with lengthy walls of text. ha ha that is what most people say when they do not want to understand what makes a train move and how it operates they just like watching it go!

I am not sure where he was going with his statements all about himself for the next paragraph. about his approach and then he thanked me for cautioning him about snake oil salesman. I am not worried about anyone copying what i do or rducing my edge or else i would not be on a public forum to begin with but i will say the more i break down tobys statment the more i see how rapidly and impulsively he reacts to his own actions and the reactions to others who react to his action. this is a huge no no in the markets in my opinion.

impulsivity is what gets you killed in the mkts. you must weigh out your plan and you must know your opponent like a jaguar stalking prey sometime there is only once chance to eat for the entire week!

anyway back to the snake oil salesman comments. All i did was show nd state that charts can be manipulted by anyone. by me by you by the professionals by cnbc who knows where he got the notion of a snake oil salesman. i do not remember even thinking about or writing about people selling stuff. All i was saying is that you should question all of the charts you see because maybe everything you are seeing is not actually truth that is all and in the process of keeping my trade blog transparent that what you see on my charts if and when i post them is legit.

Toby you can watch me or not watch me but understand this I do not need nor do i want anyone telling me what to do with my JOURNAL. feel free to start your own but also in spirit of good sportsmanship feel free to keep watching and commenting in a positive light if you want to on my journal. I am not here for followers or to have others stroke my ego. this is for me. it is my challenge. have a great day and get studying psychology asap!

#32     Nov 29, 2020
  3. I must stay consistent in what i do and say and if i am goign to be blathering on about stuff and comments then i need to use that energy and that time to learn something from it and how to use it and apply it somehow to the mkts even if it seems obscure

#33     Nov 29, 2020
  4. Sunday night futures on the mind. going over some charts. going thru some ideas.
    GOLD why the big sells looks like a nice area to accumulate???
    OIL? strong strong strong support and now geopolitacal turmoil could save all those usa oil companies and the banks that loaned them all that cash for expensive oil extracton equipment.. i smell a 56 tick by christmas?
    stocks. lots of liquidity lots of buying and selling but the sellers arent nervous at all they seem to be enjoying the mark ups and heavy weight of the wallets
    trump.biden.. trump oh man.. give a guy shovel and he says no i want a full on bulldozer to bury myself with as i keep thinking my ego is right! sad state for him now and his troop base is dwindling fast becasue at the end of the day your buttered bread comes from being on the team with the guy who makes the decisions.
    BIDEN.. wont be around for 4 years so watch kamala when it matters
    georgia- the state of georgia will be huge in the comming months
    virus- who will make and lose off of this and what indexes are they part of?

#34     Nov 29, 2020
  5. This is not my account at tradeovate.
    this is my current live trade situation as if i only had 1200 in the account.
    these gains and losses are NET of all fees
    still in a trade now

#35     Nov 30, 2020
  6. this small account challenge is going to be a lot more challenging than I had anticipated due to the very small account size but i think i can manage to end up in profitsnet overall

and the day is just beginning!

trading 2 micro es

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    #36     Nov 30, 2020
  7. i think this brings me to waht my goal is and it obviously is to make money but once i get the account doubled then i will work on doing a babe ruth style max out add to winning trades and we can see how quickly it can pyramid or drop back to where started.

#37     Nov 30, 2020
  8. becareful of big news out of nowhere today as well as the selling that just keeps on selling even when you think itis done. lots of vaccums today already.

I need to trade my normal accounts. i can see this small account challenge will cost me money and take up some time but maybe it will help me work on some things. have a great day

#38     Nov 30, 2020
  9. I am set up at tradeovate for the no commissions and fees for the year which comes out to
    $ .62 round turn or 31 cents per side on the micros.

I only get the discount on commission on the micros.

My account has still not been approved by dorman but it should be by the end of the day

I will be starting off very slowly in this new account until i get used to the platform and its functionality. I already dont like some stuff about it but I also do like some otther stuff about it which is usually what you get with all in one platforms.

Finding symbols is a piece of cake and it seems pretty fast so far and i did a comparison video of 2 doms from 2 different data feeds but im not sure if i can post a video on this site.

#39     Nov 30, 2020
  10. I am going to see if the video will upload here or not?

#40     Nov 30, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.