tradeking007yahoo futures Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tradeking007yahoo, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toby400

toby400

This seems set to be an interesting read for those new to Futures such as myself.
    Would it be possible for you to post a chart of one of you trades now and then?

#11     Nov 28, 2020
  2. Not too often but sure. i dont see much harm from a few charts now and then but that doesnt mean the charts you see are the charts i traded from to make my trade
    example. what if i trade from the dom without looking at a chart? what if i trade off of a 15 minute or a 14 minute 37 second chart but i post up a 5 minute chart with trades?

You never truly know exactly what someone is doing with buys and sells especially if its just triangles for buy and triangles for sell. they need to have lines connecting the open trade with the closing trade this way you can see the open positions and the close positions.

if i wanted to fool you i would post charts without connecting lines and i could start out my sequence of trades with a winning run versus the reality which was a losing run.

e.g.

2 lot buy @ 3200 es...triangle in chart
    2 lot sell @ 3100 es ..triangle on chart
    next trade set is a buy at 3050 es
    2 lot buy 3050 es..this is to open.

i could cut and paste my triangles to show my trade set as
    2 lot sell @ 3100 es
    2 lot buy @ 3050 es
    thus giving the appearance of a winning trade when the reality is i started these trades with a loss..
    to take it 1 step further lets say in fact
    sell 2 lots at 3070 locking in an actual gain.

I could then cut and paste only my last trade set showing an actual winner and tell you oh yeah i needed some sleep and got a late start

Im not sure if platforms show easily open vs close positions or lots with triangles. i usually use connecting lines but im not sure what tradeovate does.

lastly since i have 3 accounts i could very easily set up the charts to look identical and as i lost in one i could win in the other and only post my results from the winning trade.

I would never do this in this journal.
    But take it as a warning because there are 1000s of people online who took 5k that mattered to them and they lost it and they think they can recover these losses with room or coaching or a system eventhough they have very little profitable experience in the markets.

I know better than most the passion the love the addiction to the markets being hard wired globally right at our desks and gambling real world money at the click of a button or the punch of a keyboard.

Yes I will post a chart from time to time that is real and transparent.

#12     Nov 28, 2020
    NoahA and traction like this.
  3. here are a couple live trading charts. naz and russel

#13     Nov 28, 2020
    NoahA likes this.
  4. toby400

toby400

Appreciated- occasional charts would be fine since I ( and many others I suspect) are better at visualising as opposed to reading a wall of text.
    And NO - I would not ( as any reasonably intelligent person would not) try to emulate a trading approach using your charts. One still has to work and practice one's own approach since trading is an individual occupation. But I appreciate your cautioning people to be careful since there are many charlatans and crooks
    ( Americans use the term, "snake oil salesmen") out there , a few reside on this site. You see them touting moving averages or combinations thereof, yet people still fall for this rubbish whereas a modicum of thought would highlight the fact that if that were so then we would all cause the exchanges to crash. My approach was to demo for a while then trade a live small account. In short - I paddle my own canoe.

#14     Nov 28, 2020
  5. NoahA

NoahA

Nice to see the actual entries and exits. Are you willing to provide any comments as to how you timed the low on that second trade?

#15     Nov 28, 2020
  6. its the weekend i have a lil free time to write on this thread. this is a work in progress i have never done a journal before but i wouldnt call it a wall of text. i would guess once i get rolling i put a plus or minus for the day and a running total of the account liquidation value.

If i want to write a chinese wall of information or a stream of thoughts then i will do what i want and i think its important again for me to stress I am not looking to teach anyone to trade and i am not looking or caring to post up charts and discuss what i do in depth. if thats what you are looking for then you will probably disappointed with my trade log. they call it a journal i call it a place for me to take a break at times and post up what I did for the day in my own small account challenge.

If i challenge myself to run a 5k and i start a journal about it does that mean i am looking to teach other people about my 5k experience? not really. im doing it publicly to put a lil pressure on myself and post up real results to hopefully inspire other traders demo or live to keep fighting the fight but NO one taught me how to trade or said hey..this is your edge. i found it on my own..

for someone to already say..we will get more out of charts than a wall of text already shows me someone who probably just wants short cuts and most likely will have a very tough time making it trading on a consistent basis because they are trying to manipulate my journal for their end game and there are no shortcuts on this game and if someone uses ma and makes money then it works for them so who cares. at the end of the day it does not matter how you get to profits so long as you can consistently lock them in and scale it up over time

I say good luck i will convert your losing exits to my gains before you can take a screenshot and delete your losing trade.

I am open to questions and ideas but let me get rolling with it and see what it turns into as time passes and trades are made.

I will also be learning and speaking the truth about tradeovate as i start to work with their infrastructure.

I am open to ideas and thoughts and questions for sure but let me get this rolling i see positive things for those who watch and yes there will be tid bits and bytes to learn about and there maybe some days where i veer off topic and suggest a short term stock trade or options trade but primarily will be index futures and most likely the micros.

Any questions feel free to ask?

#16     Nov 28, 2020
  7. yup...it was low in a bull market in my opinion. lots of times i just use a discretionary value as being low or high and what has the mkt been doing previously today last night n the day before so I have clues or cues but i am wrong a lot. buy lower sell higher actually works sometimes

#17     Nov 28, 2020
  8. here are some time and sales from some premkt scalps. I dont scalp as much but I am always warming up just like a pro baseball pitcher in the bullpen throwing and warming up before it really matters.

what you will notice is actual time and sales from live trades with certain platforms will be carried out beyond the second..my trades as you can see are carried out beyond the 10s 100s to the thousandths of a second !

i am not sure how tradeovates time n sales of my actual trades vs demo trades will look but i will post that kind of stuff for sure.

#18     Nov 28, 2020
  9. I dont even know what this will morph into over time and if i lose which is very possible then you can learn from my losses and if i win i will be able to prove something to myself and others on a public blog of my consistency and maybe my bane ruth ability but then again maybe i was just getting lucky over and over again.

When i am approached by colleagues in trading or friends and family I will step out on a dangerous limb and give some advice now and then buy mainly if I am going to give someone advice or critique what they do then it is just that...they would send me a chart with buys and sells and i would pin point or with broad strokes state what i see as errors or things they could maybe work on to improve their own trading.

truth i could give you my systems show u my systems and you still would not trade them like i do because a signal is just a signal and exits and entries will always be different based on manual discretion. I do not purport to be the greatest trader or the biggest trader but I do know how to trade and usually make money day in and day out and thats why i am the daytrader.

#19     Nov 28, 2020
  10. NoahA

NoahA

You say its a discretionary value, meaning you come up with a value via a process you don't want to share? No worries if this is it, but I'm just wondering.

As you say, previous day day highs and lows as well as overnight highs and lows very often provide a nice profitable trade. And as you also say, being wrong a lot is also part of the game. LOL

#20     Nov 28, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.