Tradeing the ES (On Topic)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jboydston, Feb 3, 2002.

1. With respect dgzadok, what are we to gain from looking at your entries? I for one would like to see the indicators <logic> you use in determining these entry points in real-time?

(see my post on page 4 for example)

#41     Feb 26, 2002
  2. dgzadok

dgzadok

<<<< With respect dgzadok, what are we to gain from looking at your entries? I for one would like to see the indicators you use in determining these entry points in real-time? >>>

With all due respect to you as well, sir...

Do you honestly expect me to divulge my strategies freely on this board? :)

I'm simply posting my entries to show that YES... I can trade with 90% accuracy on a consistent basis.

I was blasted by a few people on another thread for making this claim, so I figured I would show my set-ups here.

I'm not here to give away my edge, but simply to state that trading the ES is very profitable (fo me anyway)...

and if you have the right mentality and strategies... you can have a CONSISTENT 80 - 90% accuracy level..

even if you're NOT Linda Bradford Raschke (or however you spell it) :)

Happy Trading to ALL!!!

Dave

#42     Feb 26, 2002
  3. Fair enough. I respect your privacy.

personally, I am not convinced yet that sharing strategies will necessarily endanger them. We will see.

#43     Feb 26, 2002
  4. DblArrow

DblArrow

I would be interested in your results. As it would be nice to see the results from real application.

#44     Feb 26, 2002
  5. It seems most of you are scalping, anybody trades larger moves like 3-20 ES points with small initial stops (< 3 points)?

#45     Feb 26, 2002
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

I was TCI student but drop it when they switch to auto trade method. I also try to use 2 indicators like TIMES system but sice TIMES don't post trading record like TCI I have no way to know if I get it right or not. Let me know how you doing.

#46     Feb 26, 2002
  7. jeffm

jeffm

Kicking,
    Anyone who gets 20 point profits with 3 pt stops is a true master :) There was some discussion a few weeks ago about the oddball system, which trades SP on a 30m chart. You might read there. The thread was called "Trading system development" or something.

Yannis,
    I would like to hear your results after a month or so trading with that method. Afshin, the Traders International guy, did his training here in Austin for a year or so. I've talked to a number of people who took his course. Very discretionary, and most of them had a very difficult time reproducing his results, or even his posted after the fact trades.

#47     Feb 26, 2002
  8. Yannis

Yannis

NKHOI,

They do post what they call "hypothetical performance" which, as they explained it to me, is the maximum one could get. As I'm going through the steps of testing the system, those postings are very useful because they help me discern where/when the signals were, and how big might they be.

I have to say that in my forward testing (11 days, ending on 2/20/02) I was able to catch more than 80% of the signals on average, with the last few days near perfect. Those elbow-signals still bother me as they often elude me. Then I switched to real-time papertrading (real entries in a simulator) and to my amazement my performance has not gone down all that much.

That may indicate that getting more than 10 pts / s&p e-mini and more than 30 pts per naz e-mini per day may be feasible. Which would be a great thing if it turns out to be true. I'm still experimenting and analyzing - we'll see.

#48     Feb 26, 2002
  9. Yannis

Yannis

Jeffm,

Yes, the method is quite discretionary - which is not a very bad thing, if you think about it. After 3.5 years of trading, I almost believe that there's no holy grail out there. therefore, all I could hope, was a good system to help MY trading. So far, TIMEs seems to be very helpful, but of course it's only been a week. Will keep you posted.

#49     Feb 26, 2002
  10. Dave just wants to show us a messy chart...

:D

#50     Feb 26, 2002