TradeGuider Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hcour, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jeffgil

jeffgil

Tom,

There are two levels of sensitivity for the VSA indicators, so you may have been looking at two different sensitivity levels.

You either were dealing with a bug in your program or you were going back in forth between different sensitivities.

I can show you the program live and prove that VSA indicators do not come and go.

We really need to talk....it seems you have either misunderstood how to adjust the sensitivities or your program had a bug. Either way, what you are saying about the program our traders and myself are using is incorrect.

please call me when you get a chance....888-716-3589 or send your email to jeffg@tradeguider.com and I will contact you.

J Gil

Futures trading involves risk of loss.

#11     Aug 26, 2004
  2. T_Jensen

T_Jensen

It had nothing to do with the sensitivity- I adjusted it both ways and it still acted the way I described. No worries Jeff. I'm not planning to use Tradeguider and just wanted to share my experience. Isn't that what this board is about- unbiased opinions? Yours is clearly biased.

#12     Aug 26, 2004
  3. jeffgil

jeffgil

I am most definitely biased, but you are most definitely incorrect and if you would let me prove it, I will for you and anyone else on the live room.

Isn't that what it's all about? Actions not words....if anyone, including T Jensen wants to see it live sign-up below or if you need temporary access due to an expired HotComm license, email steved@tradeguider.com

hotComm Lite installation instructions:

1. Click on this link http://www.hotcomm.com/ftppub/hlsetup2.exe

When the File Download window appears, choose OPEN. You will be prompted to complete the hotComm Lite registration form. Please note: The email address you submit is where the activation key will be sent.

2. If you already have a copy of hotComm on your PC or have already installed a trial copy of any hotComm product PLEASE CONTACT Joe Ferrazano (508) 620-8850 or email josephf@hotcomm.com for directions on how to re-activate your hotComm Lite license. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER COPY.

3. During the installation process of hotComm Lite, you will be prompted to add a Nickname.

4. A window will appear asking for an Activation key. You will be sent an activation key via email within 2-3 minutes of completing the registration form. After it arrives, copy the entire 8-character activation code into the window and press Finish. Note: some firewalls or virus scanning software programs may block the email. If you do not receive an email in 5 minutes, please contact support@1stWorks.com

5. hotComm Lite will now finish installing and attempt to connect to the 1stWorks network. Look in the lower right corner of your Windows system tray (near the clock). You should see an icon that looks like a headset appear. It will initially be gray; however, after a minute, it will turn red and blue indicating hotComm Lite has successfully connected to the 1stWorks network. You should now connect to the Audio Test room to adjust you PC's speakers. Verify that the word relay:test is in the target IM-Live window and then enter the password = 123. Also, uncheck the "Popup Connect dialog on Startup" box. Click "Connect" and listen for the pre-recorded audio.

6. The installation process for hotComm Lite will automatically place a shortcut icon adds a folder to your desktop. The hotComm Lite shortcut can be used to re-launch hotComm Lite the next time you enter the TradeGuiderRT room.

7. Connect to the TradeGuiderRT Live Trading Room by typing (room locator): relay6:tradeguiderrt in the Target IM-Live line enter the password RT and click on Connect.

8. If hotComm Lite is not running, start it by clicking the hotComm Lite shortcut on your desktop. Wait until you connect to the 1stWorks Network (the earphones on the headset icon red and blue, and you see "online" on the bottom line of the hotComm Lite window. Then go to Step 6.

#13     Aug 26, 2004
  4. His is completely biased. Imagine that - for a person that doesn't work for TG(deceptive) - acting to this date like he does.

No, he is the "exclusive" tie-in Broker ready to assist you in flushing your money down the drain with his wonderful "decison making software that has been around unprofitably for +13 years, but we have made it visually more exciting like a video game for only $$$$ more."

You don't trade the software with any money involved do you Jeff? Strictly hype and promotion.

Where is your disclaimor there Mr. TG Jeff. You know the rules. Seems you really have a very short memory in wanting to drum up business. Do I really need to make a call to the NFA?

#14     Aug 27, 2004
  5. jeffgil

jeffgil

I am off today and Monday...but will be monitoring the LIVE TradeGuider room on Tuesday.

We are bringing on several seasoned educational outfits to assist traders work on their trading plans and methodologies using TradeGuider's Volume Spread Analysis. One current SP trader and one current CBT bond trader as well as some off the floor outfits. This should be in place by the end of September....

The room is currently free and open to all....email gavinh@tradeguider.com for details....We are running the software live usually displaying a 1 and 3 minute ES chart w/ commentary.

I have nothing to hide or be deceptive about....anyone wanting to do research on me or more importantly the product of topic, feel free to contact the nfa at www.nfa.futures.org (Jeff Gilfillan) or go to www.tradeguider.com. "B" if you want their (NFA's) number, I have it or just go to the site.

Everyone, including B....have a great weekend. I am moving and will be away from computer for 4 days....go Cubs

TOGA, TOGA, TOGA.....JG

Futures trading involves risk of loss.

#15     Aug 27, 2004
  6. "Keep in mind, the VSA indicators are more useful for longer term trades and educational in nature than when only trading for maybe a few points. You need to understand and utilize the other indicators such as the "h" stops, diamond (short term) indicators and the color of the bars (intermediate term) to properly use TG to enter and exit trades according to your trading methodology and plan."

Let's see...use the software for longer term trades with your fingers crossed for educational purposes only(how to lose money), but we demo at the 1 to 3 minute level. Makes perfect sense to me in supporting the eye candy hype and promotion, smoke and mirrors.

Moderator: This person does not work for TG. He has a separate tie in Brokerage firm that is not a sponsor on ET. So why do you allow all the URL links and the misrepresentation?

#16     Aug 27, 2004
  7. ctng

ctng

Hello Bruto. May I ask you if you are a TradeGuider or VSA user?

Thanks.
    Roger

#17     Nov 23, 2004
  8. I am sorry to submit that I must agree with many of the previous negative comments already stated since 7/1/04 by many other unbiased members. 30 years in the Futures business.

#18     Nov 24, 2004
  9. Hello:
    Although I am not a current user of Tradeguider, I have a similar view to express (similar to Mr. Dorsch). Wyckoff's concepts require the use of mature "judgement" and "market feel" born of experience. It took the man years to develop the skills that men in their 20's and 30's are trying to sell to neophyte traders today. The idea that having this program will enable traders to shorten or even bypass that kind of "dues paying" is obviously wrong. Looking at the way it is promoted and sold, my intuition is that these folks could care less about anything other than profit. Natural enough I suppose, but not the kind of organization that I want to be involved with or endorse. Good luck to those who do. Lefty

#19     Nov 25, 2004
  10. jeffgil

jeffgil

Hope the holidays went well for everyone.

Dennis, I remember you from the Chicago Trade Show. I'd like to talk to you about your use of the software.

I wanted to let everyone reading this thread to know you can view the software live for one week on the TG live room by signing up on the www.tradeguider.com home page.

Also, I will be demonstrating the product live in the forex, equities and futures markets beginning Dec 01. There is a registration page on TradeGuider's home page that scrolls across the top. Click this link to register.

There are always a lot of pros and cons with any product, particularly in the futures markets. If you want to take a look, contact TradeGuider or myself. I can find something wrong with just about everything, I just choose to see the cup half full...JG

#20     Nov 28, 2004