Tradecision & Investor RT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Synonym, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Synonym

Synonym

Hi all
    I'm currently trialing Multicharts and was more than a little concerned to read Vienna's recent post re data gaps!

As i'm surevlots of you know, it can be really hard to find a reliable SW and data combo that does what you need it to, so much so i think the SW companies have our arms up our backs sometimes.

There's very little new stuff posted on ET about Tradecision or Investor/RT from Linnsoft and I was wondering what are people's experiences of them.

If anyone's got any insights i'd be really interested.

Syn

2. Synonym

Synonym

Wow looks like there aren't that many people who have used Tradecision or Investor RT lately!!

3. I LOVE Investor RT and their Volume Breakdown tool!!!

4. Tradecision isn't worth the money unless you really love Neural Nets.

5. Synonym

Synonym

Right. I have no experience of them and don't currently wish to use them. Any recommends instead then?

6. The two I use are Amibroker and Tradersstudio. I use AB for quick prototyping, and then TS for more detailed reporting.

7. Synonym

Synonym

I was actually thinking of the same combination. TS for strategy development and testing and Ami for more advanced charting.

8. Yeah it's a good combo.....AB's charting is excellent imho although it doesn't do a great job with PnF or other alternative type charting.

9. Synonym

Synonym

Cool. Thanks droskill.