Trade your way through College- NOT

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by psytrade, Sep 10, 2005.

1. They will realize that there are very few people that have the inner makeup for this game. Very few!

2. most can't even trade full time as a profession.
    forget it.
    study hard and go to medical schl/dental schl.
    trading should be a step away from robbery.
    it's a tough tough business.

3. KevinK

KevinK Guest

Trading can be a very profitable and lucrative business, but I believe it is much more important to have good grades and GPA at a well respected school than to trade through college. If you have good grades from a good business school you can try trading after school, if you don't like it you can always do something else in business...

4. mahras2

mahras2

It is possible to trade and manage school as well. I am doing it now. Hard but doable. However, it will be the same as always-95% will fail.

5. newguy1

newguy1

if they get kids scalpin for a penny on low commish, it really won't be that hard, or that risky.

Now getting them to "actually trade", whatever that is supposed to mean, is probably more of a task.

I can see why daytrading gets this "95 percent" failure rate after watching a high volume penny scalper vs. a low volume swing trader playing things like VLO, BRCM, GOOG, ect.

I think the latter is a lot riskier, and much harder to teach. Although in honest, swing trader is a lot more exciting and potentially profitable from those I've seen do it.

I wonder which style, if any, they will promote.

6. sheesh ... what nonsense .. swift-trade sure looks
    to be following the old "datek boys" model ...
    hope they don't mess up regulatory wise
    like Heartland Sec. did

-Swift Trade Campus-
    -"With hard work, students could make approximately
    $100 in a three-hour shift."-

(at least they know when to cut off stupidity
    in their trainees)

-"But there is a built-in profit-guard that tells a trader
    when it's time to call it a day. The system will
    only tolerate so much loss before in one session, meaning
    bad days get cut short."-

:p

7. Trading Bubble

8. Babak

Babak

They're not looking for turtles, more like fresh meat to grind in their commission machine.

#10     Sep 10, 2005