Trade through rule for nasdaq, enjoy!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by just21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. didn't they lower them a while back to help the market out?

#11     Mar 29, 2005
  2. They raise them in the begining of the year to fund their budget, then they often lower them once they are fully funded. At least that's been the trend the past few years.

#12     Mar 29, 2005

3. yeah lowered by very small margin, made a big deal out of it in media. meanwhile, they jack them back up 40% this jan with only a press release on the website coming out.

#13     Mar 29, 2005
  4. xbrxx

xbrxx

If you guys didn't know, they are raising SEC fees again starting April. I believe it is going to be 44$/million.

There goes an extra 1k out of my pocket next month.

xbrxx

#14     Mar 29, 2005
  5. The bastards!! Yes, we should all pay for rediculous pay packages like Dick Grasso had in the form of higher SEC fees!! Support the old boys clubs, hey, its only money!

#15     Mar 30, 2005
  6. Also, in the original example (first post), the 100 shares could be "sized out" by the 10,000 and given price improvement of 5 cents (that is what would happen on the NYSE listed market).

Without price improvements, and negotiated "size" trades, then a stock might go up or down $10.00 to execute 10,000 shares on an ECN.

I'm just pointing out that there is much more going on here than meets the eye. The OTC markets are starting to change to some listed type rules (having opening prices, MOC's etc.), and the NYSE will adapt to some speedier fills, as they have done with the NX (they have to get a better system than that, however, you are stuck with a wider spread at times, when you would normally get a price improvement with a limit order at the bid or offer).

Overall, at this point in time, I too am in favor of "best price" or "trade through" or whatever they call it....as long we continue get price improvement on listed stocks (and perhaps on OTC stocks if the trend contiinues).

All the best, Mike!!

Don

#16     Mar 30, 2005
  7. Agree with Don Bright!!!!! :)

#17     Mar 31, 2005
  8. def

def Sponsor

ditto

#18     Mar 31, 2005
    #19     Mar 31, 2005
  10. I, too, agree with Don Bright....

(boy, talk about consistency)....LOL....

Don (talking to myself) ...

:D

#20     Apr 1, 2005