Trade the YM next week?...its moving to Globex...concerns?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Jan 11, 2008.

1. rcj

rcj

TL

No execution! Tried ZLT first, then tried again using Booktrader.
    Hmmm ...well sombody is getting executions.

#21     Jan 13, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Talked to IB via chat, I didn't read the bulletin closely enough.
    GTC orders are not being accepted for the migrated products, day orders will go through. IB programmers are working on the issue.

#22     Jan 13, 2008
  3. rcj

rcj

Tnx TL, i will make temp change.

Yeah ... i missed the "Time in Force".

#23     Jan 13, 2008
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, thru OpenEcry DOM.

#24     Jan 14, 2008
  5. My main concern is not about the Globex functionality but about the reduced edge we all have as little traders:

WE NOW HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO SEE ONLY 5 LEVELS ON THE MINIDOW FUTURE, INSTEAD OR 10 OR 20 THAT WE HAD TILL LAST FRIDAY.

and 5 level of price in the emini Dow 5$ are NOTHING!!

good luck ...

B_M_S

#25     Jan 14, 2008
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes but what can you do.

#26     Jan 14, 2008
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

I tend to disagree a bit. More info is not necessarily a positive thing as well. I am trading DAX and can see 10 levels on bid and ask, however aside from 5 nearest levels, where enough games are played, the rest of levels do not hold as much important info as nearest levels for immediate price action.

#27     Jan 14, 2008
  8. Are we sure that really no one can access to the full stack of the resting orders (DOM) on Globex? Maybe those using a Globex terminal?
    :eek: :confused:

#28     Jan 14, 2008
  9. ...yes.. unfortunately we can't do a lot...

we can just write emails to the cmegroup

info@cmegroup.com

making a note about the worsening of the financial instrument (eminidow specifically).

we have also the duty of letting all the traders and general public know, that this fusion between CBOT and CME like all the reduction of competition are against the interest of "clients".

let them know that we know we are damaged of this

good trading

B_M_S

#29     Jan 14, 2008
  10. No offense B_M_S, but if your edge is/was based on the DOM, the "edge" is less of an edge than you want to believe.

I won't hijack this thread into a debate about the usefulness of the DOM, but your closing statement regarding 5 levels of price meaning nothing can be said about ANY of the US index futures. It is not YM specific.

Good trading to all
    Osorico :)

#30     Jan 14, 2008