"Trade The News"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Longhorns, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Let me start by saying that TTN does a nice job of posting here about overnight activity in foreign markets. However, I think TTN has become way too diversified and lost it's target customer.

If you want breaking news on individual stocks, do not use TTN

They will give you all the information you could possibly want on some meaningless fire at a tiny oil facility in Texas or that one of the guys from the ECB is speaking at a luncheon conference...but if you want breaking news on stocks, forget about TTN.

I have used this service for 5 or 6 years, and it has become totally worthless for stock trading. Reading "breaking news" one or two minutes later is worthless (In other words, don't even bother reading it after it's been on Briefing...which is what TTN does almost exclusively).

The last time I wrote about them here, my post was immediately altered (Apparently, ET sponsors aren't allowed to be spoken about unless it's a rave review).

If you want a news service that gives you a general overview about U.S. and foreign market news, then TTN is what you're looking for. If you want U.S. stock news, this service is not for you.

2. lescor

lescor

If you want a text service, similar to what briefing does, TTN is pretty good. I've found them to catch stuff Briefing misses. I don't use them for live audio though.

3. Kutty

Kutty

aw quit your crying

TTN is fine

4. My post was a review. This post is crying...

:D :D :D :D

5. what do you recommend then, other than briefing? I have briefing trader...used to use fly on the wall but don't like them anymore and haven't been upset with TTN...but if there's something better out there...i'd love to hear it

6. TTn called rmbs and it was 20.10 by 20.35. It wasnot right at the second but close enough to make some money.