Trade the News

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Darshan, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Darshan

Darshan

Does anyone else use this news service?

Apparently their in-house staff picks on chooses what news they think will move the markets/stocks and releases that only...

Well I've gotten screwed time and time again cause stories they hadn't deemed newsworthly absolute ripped certain stocks.

I'm done with these guys.

Any recommendations on other news services?

Ideally I would like to be able to create a portfolio and just be able to see the news in that portfolio.

Sound alerts would be nice as well..
    Not really looking to spend anymore than $200/month..

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

2. why dont you just use briefing.com

3. I personally really like TTN, sure they miss some stuff so I have secondary sources like briefing. I also like how TTN can be used just as an audio service and briefing just as a text service, you shouldn't be missing stuff with both.

4. nitro

nitro

Some traders I know are using twitter for news. It complements something like Briefing nicely.

5. Twitter will often get news early.

The only caveat, and it's kind of a big one, is it's very often absolute BS.

6. I get Twitter updates sent to my phone ... and within a couple days you can tell if the person you are following is a real deal or not.

The first couple months of my trading I went through various subscriptions before realizing which ones fitted my style.

I don't know if I would trade the news anyway, more like trade the reaction to the news if we were being picky

7. Darshan

Darshan

Can someone send me a link to these twitter news services?

I know Twitter but I guess I'm a bit confused.

Who are these Twitter accounts your follow? does TTN, Briefing have a Twitter page that you follow?