Trade the News -- any good?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Andiroo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. soxfan04

soxfan04

I must agree with the fellow who was banned with no warning. After 5 years they did the same thing to me. I woke up one morning and it was off.

They claimed that I was "scraping their headlines" therefore I must be redistributing it to multiple users.

The reality is 3 things:

1. I WAS scraping their headlines in exchange for my 3k/ year. Here is what I would do: I would take a copy/paste of the morning news, paste it into excel and sort it by equity. This allowed me to quickly look up why a stock was moving up or down, and saved me from having to switch PC's, because I ran the audio/lookup service on a separate PC located a few feet behind me.

2. I trade alone and never disseminated their information to anyone.

3. Their head of sales is named Jessica, and what she never tells anyone is that the owner is her husband. SO...if you challenge her judgement in even a small way, she shuts you off because she is an unprofessional and is not a markets professional. For example, when I told her I would show their group what I do each morning and they would see that I wasn't distributing, I was basically just sorting the news stories by stock because it made things faster for me, she gave me the old "Sorry, too late, you're shut off." When I asked her, as a 5 year client, if she could postpone the shutoff for one day and we could discuss things after market, she effectively said "No, bye." And I never received another response to my request for some additional attention. I truly felt like I was dealing with a petulant child not a business person, which has happened maybe 3 times in my 14 years on Wall Street.

The analysts are pretty good, but the customer service/management are the worst.

#21     May 25, 2011
  2. shneed

shneed

does NewsStrike still works? seems like i haven't heard anyone reading the news lately

#22     May 31, 2011
  3. I prefer RANsquawk which is UK-based, and has a free service that is 2mins delay. Since this thread asked about a vendor TradeTheNews, so I'm just recommending a similar service that I use. For RANsquawk, 2mins delay can be a big thing for some news traders so that's where the subscription comes in.

#23     May 31, 2011
  4. They're too arrogant or lazy for me. Their web site contains no information at all about their services.. no pricing, no description of what it is they offer, just a signup form. I'm still not entirely sure what it is they offer exactly. To get a guest pass, you need to sign up to another service, LinkedIn, as well. If you don't want to join linkedin, they won't even reply to an email asking how much their services cost, except to tell you to join LinkedIn. I guess they think they are such hot stuff that they don't have to bother building a web site or answering simple questions.

#24     May 31, 2011
  5. So exactly how much does TradeTheNews cost? I didn't bother with the LinkedIn sign-up too.

#25     May 31, 2011
  6. Miketyson

Miketyson

The novels tune is simple to utilize and for a small piece extra. I build the monthly fee without difficulty by easily spread news pops but be careful trading.

#26     Jun 2, 2011
  7. Sorry to bring this old thread back. I've been a subscriber to TradeTheNews.com for the past 2 years. I pay $350/month for this service. Today, all of a sudden, my account got cut off and I got an e-mail saying they need my LinkedIn account in order to continue my subscription!!!! Are you friggin kidding me??? No warning at all...just cut me off?????

I hate social media websites. I created a LinkedIn account years ago since a co-worker urged me to do it, but I never kept up with it. I only had the one person as a "friend". Well, TradeTheNews wants to see at least 5 "friends"!!!! What???? Why???? So I had to find 4 other friends and add them. A real pain in the A$$.

So I use their link and send them my LinkedIn info. They e-mail back that they will resume my subscription when they are done "evaluating" my profile!!!

I called them and asked what this is all about and why they would just cut-off a long time subscriber without any warning. They claim they want to keep the "community" filled with professionals! WHAT???? Community???? What community???? There is no chat room or discussion board there. They just provide me with the news!!!! This all sounds like a bad April fools joke! And they want a professional community???? What kind of professional community kicks off long time members without any warning? It would have been nice for them to give me a time frame for submitting the requested info instead of immediate cancellation.

TradeTheNews.com needs to get off their high horse. I'm now looking for other news services as a replacement. If they don't want my $350/month fee, I'm not gonna beg them to take it.

I'm gonna start a new thread on various news sources.

#27     Nov 3, 2011
  8. Seriously. You can get a good Reuters IFR service for less than that. About 3K yearly.

#28     Nov 15, 2011
  9. Dogfish

Dogfish

10. CvH

CvH

That is interesting. I was told several times that Reuters and Bloomberg do not serve individual traders, their products are offered at the 'institutional level' only.

They even don't bother communicating with anything but the nice, incredibly successful people at Refco, MF Global and the like.

#30     Nov 24, 2011