Trade the News -- any good?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Andiroo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Even odder is your needing to use a new ip every 30 min. Even Osama didnt do that, (and look what it got him) maybe you're right,

And please, tell, us, why would TTN give a flying F#$% what you were doing?

Maybe they thought you were giving out your account login to friends or selling it. Ever think of that, huh?

#11     May 4, 2011
  2. They are rash. They should notice that there is only one login at any time. Even if if it showing different IP addresses, it is still one user.

#12     May 4, 2011

3. Pretty much. The guy is so late on calls sometimes it's ridiculous. But that said, it can be very useful from time-to-time.

#13     May 4, 2011
  4. I worked for many years in the financial news industry, and now mentor people how to trade on news. Here is what you need to know about news services...

First of all, the fastest way to get the most important company press release news is a raw news feed from BW and PRN. To be able to read through the thousands of headlines in real time, and pick out the news that can move a stock is a skill that some can pick up over time. The fastest way to get this raw news is a subscription based service like NewsWatch or NewsEdge and will cost $150-$250 a month for just those wires.

Dow Jones, Trade the News, Briefing, Fly, etc.., all have a dedicated staff to read raw news data and redistribute it, it takes a good financial headline writer less than 1 minute to republish a short summary of the news through their service. Another tool these services use to find breaking stories are RSS feeds, I have an RSS feed with over 1000 sources and it's a great help.

Some subscription based services have an inside line on upgrades and downgrades, but their source is proprietary. Rumor reporting services are also good to watch, though the rumors hardly ever come true, they can still move a stock.

There are many squack services to choose from and some are faster than others, some just copy what the others are doing. I like NewsStrike for audio, they know whats important to highlight and it's free.

Unlike what a previous poster stated, it's not true there is some super fast service available to market insiders and not the general public. I can often be the very first one to trade on news using sources that are available to anyone. There is also a rule called Regulation FD (Fair Disclosure) that requires all participants to be on an equal playing field.

#14     May 5, 2011
  5. luisHK

luisHK

Newstrike doesn't seem interested in opening account to overseas customers, any other audio service open to us ? Free is always cool.

#15     May 6, 2011
  6. Sintra

Sintra

In the past they(newsstrike) did open accounts for everyone. We still have one or two. We use it sometimes but the quality is not that good anymore(it is horrible).

#16     May 6, 2011
  7. why so quick to ban "advertisers" and so slow to ban trolls like emg, deadbroke, etc?

#17     May 24, 2011
  8. This site is paid for by advertisers. People shilling products without paying for the right only hurts the site as a whole...much more so than a troll does. If these guys want to help pay for the site then by all means do so and advertise.

I do think trolls should be banished as well.

#18     May 24, 2011
  9. Goldmaker

Goldmaker

Thanks for your concern but this is a cool FREE tool. Yes I do use it and yes I am excited about it. If you have anything better to help me with my trading I'm all ears. If this forum isn't to help others in their trading... what is it for???

#19     May 25, 2011
  10. It is to help others. However most of the time when newly registered users are talking about a great new tool they found that person is a paid promoter for that tool. Very few people sign-up and promote a product in their first post that isn't a promoter. They create new accounts shill for the product, get the account banned and start a new account.

Now, if this is not you, please feel free to hang out and join in the discussions but you have to understand the position of those of us that have been here a while and what we are used to seeing from spammers.

#20     May 25, 2011