trade the E-micro EUR/USD M6E ?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Wallace, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 1 to 1.5 pips after commission is pretty much standard. For example, IB or Oanda. They dont requote either. But go ahead pay 3 to 4 on CME if you must..

#21     Apr 19, 2012
  2. ddouglas

ddouglas

I thought there was no commission on forex? Maybe that's why the quotes I see are 3-4pips wide (still have access to forex quotes, and they still are that wide). Maybe it's 1.5 + comm, and 3-4 without?

Either way, it's not significant savings compared to futures (and certainly not 3-4 ticks wide on CME).

Believe what you want to believe about the litigation. If a company settles & admits wrongdoing, I have a hard time believing it's BS lawsuits brought by losing traders.

Some will never be convinced, though, regardless of a mountain of evidence, so we will just have to leave it at that . .

#22     Apr 19, 2012
  3. Jack_Larkin: you need to pay a lot more attention to what you're reading before quoting
    me incorrectly; and compare apples to apples instead of making up new numbers

specs: E-micro EUR/USD M6E CME/Globex 12,500 pip value: 0.0001 / $1.25
    margin: overnight: $270.00 daytrade: $100.00
    AMP rt comm: $1.99

Oanda margin: 12,500 EUR/USD @ 1.3150 leverage 50:1 = $328.75 margin
    Oanda 'comm': spread @ $1.25 per pip
    $1.50 Minimum, for 12,500

and later
    there's no slippage with a Limit Order, entry or exit 'no slippage' means there's
    Nothing to add on to the 'cost' of the trade, I'm filled at That price

Oanda does Not have a Trading Desk
    if I need to have a trade closed for me by AMP I have direct access to their Trading Desk
    24 hours a day

suggest you read Oanda's own forum as well as here on ET to learn about discon-
    nections, and also about people trying to close a trade, think there might also be a
    thread about that too here on ET

#23     Apr 19, 2012
  4. ----------
    For any live trading Ninja is not free.

nope

peace

Hedvig

#24     Apr 19, 2012
  5. jo0477

jo0477

I'm not sure what to say... I've used the direct edition via AMP/CQG for almost 2 years and I've never paid a dime. I do pay the extra fee RT to have the static DOM but that's it.

#25     Apr 19, 2012
  6. I do feel you're not properly accounting the spread cost in M6Es.. but I'm just going to drop it. I mean, apples to apples right?

Clearly you're happy with the micro setup through AMP... and that's cool, I'm just trying to be helpful with your total cost, or at least shedding light on things you might not have considered.

As for the disconnections thing... I've been with Oanda for a few years now.. I haven't had that kinda problem at all. The only issues I've seen were related to their MT4 implementation, which I don't use, as I stick to fxTrade.

Happy Trading! :)

#26     Apr 19, 2012
  7. Interesting.

I'll check this out some.

peace

Hedvig

p.s. What are your rt's (static superdom) included for

FX Currencies
    CL or QM
    NQ

?

#27     Apr 19, 2012
  8. jo0477

jo0477

I believe its 0.20 RT to use the static DOM. From what I remember, its a licensing fee paid to TT (anyone feel free to jump in here if I'm wrong)

Cheers

#28     Apr 19, 2012
  9. AMP does list a free version of NT on their site that has a bunch of features cut out.

Still, not bad.. and even if you had to lease it for the full feature set NT is one of the few platforms I'd say is worth it.

#29     Apr 19, 2012
  10. Jack,

Right. I only use a static superdom and charting.

No other fancy brackets/auto strategies, etc...

If being charged and extra .20 per rt--if one can lease Ninja for $60.00 per month--@300 roundturns per month then the extra .20 per rt is b.e.

Anything below that and one is saving money IF Amp matches a Ninjatrader commission quote from another brokerage.

peace

Hedvig

#30     Apr 19, 2012