Trade Station is far worse than IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DonKee, Nov 9, 2007.

1. fseitun

fseitun

1) Yes

2) 1.66 Ghz with 2 Giga

#21     Nov 10, 2007
  2. DonKee

DonKee

fseitun,

if you're running the e-mini's with no problems on your set-up then i may need to do the uninstall route to clean up the hd.

thanks to all for your feedback.

#22     Nov 10, 2007
  3. fseitun

fseitun

Well, I dont know much about hardware and stuff...

All I know is that TS runs just fine on my PC.

I have all emini charts open on different timeframes along with many other markets and everything runs great.

#23     Nov 10, 2007
  4. fseitun, what version of TS are you running?

8.3 has some code processing optimization in it, but I have seen postings that it is still a bit buggy.

#24     Nov 10, 2007
  5. How serious are the bugs ?
    - faulty calculations ?
    - slow calcuations ?

#25     Nov 10, 2007
  6. EXACTLY. If the Pros have not endorsed it, then something is wrong.
    I think the same is true of ESignal....they've just had such a checkered past.....from a technioal standpoint.

#26     Nov 10, 2007
  7. I use Tradestation extensively and keep multiple charts open with high CPU intensive code running at the same time while using about 6 workspaces.

My suggestion is to have a very powerful system designated only for trading and nothing else.

Uninstalling every few months to reduce disk I/O from too much past data is a good thing too.

For what is worth I use Quad Cores with 4GBs and SCSI Raid 0 Arrays and still think the program is a dog but nothing like the experiences you described.

Anek

#27     Nov 10, 2007
  8. Aok

Aok

Had problems with 8.3 so went back to 8.2 build 3894.

Only real "freeze" is Fed days. And occasional other hiccups. Futures has always been more problematic than stocks. For stocks data is right on with my other feeds.

The problem with TS is that they are alot like IB trying to be all things to all people instead of focusing on one area.

They used to be the premiere charting/analysis software. No more.

They are still good but their mindset is more trading= more commish=more profit than software licensing so chart upgrades/features=neglected.

TS is not a brokerage. They are a software company first. They''ve forgotten that.

My recommendation is to make your 10 trades a month, get a good platform for 75$/month in commish and xchange fees, dont use them as a brokerage beyond that, keep an eye on Multicharts, and when your account equity warrants it get CQG.

TS was once sterling silver. Its got some tarnish on it now. Still, there is nothing like RadarScreen out there however which is invaluable to me.

#28     Nov 10, 2007
  9. fseitun

fseitun

I use version 8.3 build 1419.

I did not trade the last FOMC but all of my charts along with YM matrix were open and nothing froze.

I am going to keep a close eye on any slowdown for the future though as I see several other members are experiencing major freezing.

#29     Nov 10, 2007
  10. Surdo

Surdo

If you were not trading during FOMC, then why are you commenting on TS?

8.3 is a major POS, and as far as I am concerned, it is still in Beta.

#30     Nov 10, 2007