Trade small account with small drawdowns to find investors

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lukas, Dec 27, 2019.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D

[​IMG]

#61     Dec 29, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

I was. @dozu888 is flat-ass broke.

#62     Dec 29, 2019
  3. I call it the annual cardboard cleansing because at this time we clean out any cardboard from the garage. And they get to complain about stuff ;-)

#63     Dec 29, 2019
  4. imjohn

imjohn

#64     Dec 30, 2019
  5. destriero

destriero

It’s been a good start to the week. Musk will not miss if for no other reason than to prove Cowen wrong. Covered half about 15 mins ago.

#65     Dec 30, 2019
    johnarb and eternaldelight like this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Sociopaths are a small percentage of the population but they do exist. I have a very close family member that exhibits a severe case of being a sociopath who I've cut all ties with and I don't plan to reconcile. There's no cure for it.

#66     Dec 31, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  7. I've experienced it more in the professional (engineering) world than with family. Basically you're seen as a degenerate gambler if you believe you can be a full time trader with no day job, but if you are holding a normal job they see it as like going to Vegas - just a normal expression of our need to take risk.

If you're winning it doesn't exactly make it right in their minds unless you can articulate how you are helping The Market or the economy itself. I tell all the engineers I'm like a shock absorber on the price movements so people can get in and hedge / invest without dealing with slippage. Since they (should) understand the principal of mass damped spring systems, sometimes I tell them I work against the resonant function while amplifying the forcing function, which is what all control systems do on robots, elevators, autopilots, etc.

If you're starting a firm it's helpful to connect with your particular clientele with their own language, but like was said before, that's a lot of phone calls!

#67     Dec 31, 2019
  8. lukas

lukas Guest

I know that Phillip Capital offers the same leader-follower service. My concern is that they have not as many potential customers/client funds as RJO, hence it might be more difficult to find the followers. Which FCM would be better?

#68     Jan 1, 2020
  9. ironchef

ironchef

He is too young to understand how lucky he is and too impatient to do the sure thing.

#69     Jan 12, 2020
    MichalTr likes this.
  10. ironchef

ironchef

What @dozu888 said makes a lot of sense. For me it doesn't matter how rich he is or where he lives or where he came from.

#70     Jan 12, 2020