Trade small account with small drawdowns to find investors

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lukas, Dec 27, 2019.

1. dozu888

dozu888

i could see earlier today, then he prolly did something, I can't now.

I have nothing to hide.. he does.

#51     Dec 28, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

You saw me earlier bc I unblock you to quote, and then block again. Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?

#52     Dec 28, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Ahh, so you are just diddling with the ignore functions here and there. That is cruel and unusual punishment methinks. (Well, at least to forum rats like me, heh, who nibble at all these bits. and I suddenly crave waffles with maple syrup, while typing this. WTF!)

#53     Dec 28, 2019
  4. dozu888

dozu888

And btw just look at all the jealousy!

‘traders’ are such a pathetic bunch. In my real estate circle many are worth a few mil and nobody makes a big deal about it.

but look here. You make a few bucks people want to research you.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    #54     Dec 28, 2019
  5. tsznecki

tsznecki

LOL @MarkBrown got triggered because she's a snowflake.

Mark, the only thing you could kill is your sex appeal.

#55     Dec 28, 2019
  6. I enjoyed reading this thread

#56     Dec 28, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

minions are getting thin "delirious" need to pump those numbers up maybe you could start your own exchange, or at least claim you're going to one day.... lol

#57     Dec 28, 2019
  8. MichalTr

MichalTr

Apart from that you probably won't be able to make 50% annually year after year - you can't make big money doing so ? You mentioned calculator - use it. 55 M after 20 years (of course it's completely unrealistic but we focus on theory). Even if you withdraw some money from time to time and you can't grow with without tax (but for long term for sure there is some way) - let's cut it to 30% annually - stil 3,6 M.

But to the point - the problem is - you want it FAST. And if you want it FAST it not gonna happen. Sorry.

So you can do 2 things:

1. Build that track record like you said and sent it to relevant firms. But if you choose that one - stop counting your millions and clients in advance - just do it. Just build it and about capital and all the stuff - you will worry later or in your free time. Stop dreaming about the target (ok, it's good to have on and think about it but there are also things to do to make it happen) - first make some small steps.

2. If you work in some country of opportunities - just get good job and save some money, increase your trading time horizons and do both. You will be secure and you will step after step realize your dream. People in countries like USA and Canada don't even realize in what fantastic situations they are. You can earn good money and SAVE some to make investments with decent money.

#58     Dec 28, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  9. billv

billv

From my experience, its not easy to stay focused on small size accounts.

How long is your prior trading experience?
    What will you be trading?

Your expected returns are high, are they all from manual trading or is it going to be mixed manual/algo trading?
    If its all manual trading, can you stay focused?
    Can you keep up doing the same thing again and again for a very long period of time or are you going to give up 3 or 6 months down the track?

Can your strategy be up-scaled or is the R:R going to be out of balance on higher size accounts and result in losses?

Are you going to have visibility of the echoed accounts and if so, are you psychologically ready for seeing higher -ve $ figures and higher losses or are you going to freak out and deviate from your trading plan?

One final thing to consider when trading other people's money.
    IMO it is better to know who your clients are so that you don't get involved with people who can hurt you if you lose their money.
    You may be thinking that you are invisible behind a system like this but sooner or later, your clients will know who you are and if you screw them up..........

#59     Dec 28, 2019
  10. imjohn

imjohn

haha wasn't trying to put him on blast, but it's the same ol' song on every thread with this dude... blah blah blah waste of time blah blah blah.

After going through the info put out on this thread, just shaking my head...

#60     Dec 29, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.