Trade Prospector RT Users

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dfrerking, Nov 12, 2003.

1. I would appreciate any comments from TPRT users. Do you use any of its screens? What type of strategies; short term or long term? Is it a great tool? Do you depend on it every day? Etc.

Do you use any data feed besides QCharts, maybe through some translator?

Thanks.

2. I use TPRT and really like it. I use Murrey Math with it (support and resistance)
    That is about it.
    They are very helpfull and are quick to implement new ideas.
    They should be releasing a version that would work with ESignal soon.
    right now it is only availbale with QC.

When you say translator , what do you mean ?
    Is there such a thing that would help to use that with Esignal instead of with QC?

3. I use it for support and resistance for indexes and futures intraday. I would highly recommend it for this purpose. I don't use the scanning features, etc.. so I can't comment on that.

4. I've seen such things advertised that take the format of one set of data and convert to another format. I think these have been for EOD data. I don't know if such a thing is available for RT data.

I just hate the idea of having several data feeds for various programs.

If I want to use TPRT then why should I have to subscribe to QCharts or E-Signal just to get the data feed since I wouldn't be using the programs?

5. Yes you will have to subscribe to Qchart ( E-Signal feed coming)
    Even if you do not use their prgram they still do supply you with the data for the 3rd party software.