Trade only stocks you can win

Discussion in 'Trading' started by frank123, Aug 6, 2003.

1. nike

nike

stocks u know definetly helps. i feel much more comfortable and trade bigger size with stocks that i know. but even with stocks that i have high hitting %, if its out of play (ie no volume, news, or stuck in a narrow trading range) i dont trade them.

#11     Aug 6, 2003
  2. company with legitimate business like AT&T, Intel,

#12     Jan 10, 2016
  3. heypa

heypa

Trade only stocks that appear to have regular smooth price flow with apparent predictable price variations.They also should have no surprises in the last couple of years. Position trades only. I only trade visually since I am math challenged.

#13     Jan 10, 2016
  4. pinfire

pinfire

It will be your personal experience with stocks that is is more profitable.I also try stocks. It requires more money to start than forex. I feel good with forex trading it is in my hands when to trade in day or night .With stocks we are bound to trade as market is open for a certain time.

#14     Jan 21, 2016
  5. fhl

fhl

Are you familiar with the 50/30/20 concept? It states that 50% of a stock’s move is defined by the general market direction; 30% – by its industry; and only 20% is impacted by the individual merits of the underlying company. In a bear market, the 50/30/20 rule of thumb become something like the 90/10 rule, where 90% of a stock’s move is defined by the general direction of the market and only 10% – by the individual characteristics of that stock.

#15     Jan 24, 2016