Trade only 20-30 times a month with prop firm, do they allow that ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tzheng, Aug 19, 2003.

1. tzheng

tzheng

Since I have a full time job, I can only trade at most a couple of times in a day. Maybe less. I wonder if the prop firm allows me to do that, I read that they encourage heavy volume turn-around.

Also is it financially making sense (to do only a few trades assuming I actually make a little money )?

Thanks in advance.

2. You can trade remote with a prop firm. But if you want to trade the firm's capital, you have you get your Series 7, 63 and 55. By trading remote, you don't have to do a lot of volume because the costs (to the prop firm) of being a remote trader are much cheaper than being a trader that requires office space and equipment .

3. tzheng

tzheng

Thank you goldenarm for the information.:)

That sounds good, because I really can not use their prop software which certaily will overload my employer's network bandwidth. I just want to use the cheaper commission rate and some margin.

4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

tzheng,

We allow the type of trading you describe.

Regarding licensing, depending on the state you are in (geographical, not mental :D ) you may only need the series 7.

Regarding bandwidth, depending on the type of trading you plan on doing, our application is very bandwidth light. And I've used it through many firewalls. In addition, we have a version that is browser based and has even lower bandwidth.

PM me if you want more info.

Cash

5. tzheng

tzheng

I read from other posts prop firms want to generate $2000 commision per month to consider you a profitable trader, otherwise kick you out. Is it real ? I am new to the prop firm concept, so please enlighten me on my probably silly questions.

6. That sounds reasonable. That translates to $100 in commissions per day which is very low to begin with. Heck, I can do that in two hours! High volume traders can do that in a few minutes!